Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've previously posted a thread on the Taurus 856 version and if I handles +P. I figured that since that's a separate issue given that it was ammo related, I figured, my new question would warrant a new topic. I'm fixed with a choice between the Taurus 856 standard and the Ultralight version. I tried looking this question up, but I still wasn't able to get many details.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I've previously posted a thread on the Taurus 856 version and if I handles +P. I figured that since that's a separate issue given that it was ammo related, I figured, my new question would warrant a new topic. I'm fixed with a choice between the Taurus 856 standard and the Ultralight version. I tried looking this question up, but I still wasn't able to get many details.
4 onces. And the option of getting one in the color of your choice; for the light weight model.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4 onces. And the option of getting one in the color of your choice; for the light weight model.
So I take it, aside from the Ultralight version being slightly more expensive, that it also is lighter. I know that both models are made with different materials, but I wanted to clarify if the standard version is more or less durable. Figured that i'd be worth asking just to be on the safe side since I plan on buying one.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Both models are rated for +P ammunition. Steel frame gun weighs 22oz, Aluminum (Ultra-Lite™) weighs 16oz. Both frames are available as traditional DA/SA revolvers or DAO (CH). What other questions do you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both models are rated for +P ammunition. Steel frame gun weighs 22oz, Aluminum (Ultra-Lite™) weighs 16oz. Both frames are available as traditional DA/SA revolvers or DAO (CH). What other questions do you have?
All I have left is reliability. I figured I wanted to weigh in on my options as best I can.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I originally went to my lgs with the intentions of buying a burnt orange one. I left the store after I decided to order a stainless concealed hammer model. I am thinking the stainless model's finish will hold up better than the anodize ones.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Obviously the heavier version will be more 'pleasant ' to shoot, since you can't cheat physics, and the UL version will be less weight to have to carry around all day. Snub-nose revolvers are all "up close and personal" firearms meant to be carried a lot and fired a little. This model holds 6 rounds and as for reliability I would fully expect it to be able to fire off all those without a hitch, which is the same expectation I have for my Taurus 605 five-shooter.

I don't much subscribe to the notion of needing to fire off hundreds of rounds glitch free without cleaning before I consider a gun 'reliable' enough to carry. I clean and lube my firearms after each shooting session and fully expect them all, including the budget priced ones like my 605, to be able to shoot until empty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts