Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to ask about the rear sight base on the online taurus catalog the SS finish on standard frame has this 2 screw on the rear sight but the blue finish do not have this 2 screw on the rear sight. Does this mean that it is not adjustable? thanks to anybody who will answer this newbie question.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have the standard Blue, and there is no adjustment on the rear sight. Mine is two years old, so it is possible that the adjustible might have been added to some models including blue, but the picture might not have been changed. in the cataloge, or on the web site.

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
ahhhmmm??
so just exactly which 24/7 are we takking about??
the original or the G-2?
if its the G-2 i can't help you a bit!
if you are talking about the 24/7, 24/7 Pro, 24/7 Pro D/S or the 24/7 OSS D/S then none come form the factory with a fully adjustable sight to my knowledge. the windage can be adjusted with both the front and rear sight , but no elevation adjustments.
all 3 of my 24/7's have a single hex screw in the sight base (front and back) no other screws.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am talking about the G2 sorry for not being specific, but thanks for the reply. Just got my 24/7 g2 cal .40 blue standard, and all it has is a single screw at the base of the rear and front sight. But the way I got it here in the philippines. Thanks again guys

·
Registered
36,084 Posts
I am talking about the G2 sorry for not being specific, but thanks for the reply. Just got my 24/7 g2 cal .40 blue standard, and all it has is a single screw at the base of the rear and front sight. But the way I got it here in the philippines. Thanks again guys
OK< seems that Taurus hasn't changed the sight setup in the G-2 then!
if you ever need to move the front or rear sight be aware that the little hex wrench that came with the gun only fits the front sight, not the rear sight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts