Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO THERE:

I AM NEW TO THIS FORUM, I HAVE BEEN SHOOTING FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS & OWN MANY WEAPONS.

I HAVE SEVERAL HANDGUNS, MY PRIMARY WEAPON IS A GLOCK 23 .40 WITH A LASERMAX IN IT THAT IS USED FOR PROTECTION OF OUR HOME. MY HOME IS ALARMED & I HAVE 2 DOGS. i ALSO HAVE AN EAST GERMAN MAKAROV ,THAT I HAVE HAD FOR YEARS. I ALSO HAVE AN ARCUS 9MM WHICH IS A COPY OF THE BROWNING AUTOMATIC.

I AM CONSIDERING BUYING A TAURUS PISTOL. I AM UNCERTAIN OF WHICH ONE TO BUY, AS I NO LONGER HAVE A CARRY PERMIT AND IT IS JUST A PURCHASE TO ENJOY. THE FEATURES THAT HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE SUCCESSIVE MODELS ARE VERY NICE, BUT THE ONLY ONE THAT I AM CONVINCED I WANT IS IT TO BE STAINLESS. THE REASONS I HAVE BEEN ATTRACTED TO TAURUS ARE FEATURES SUCH AS SA/DA TRIGGER, CAPACITY, SIGHTS & VALUE.

I AM CONVINCED THAT A .40 CAL PISTOL IS SUFFICIENT FOR MY NEEDS & PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES,
THE LASER ADDS THE POINT & SHOOT ABILITY AND I AM OPEN TO ANY ACCESSORIES THAT WILL GIVE US ADDITIONAL SECURITY AND A MEASURE OF EXTRA PROTECTION. PLEASE MAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT YOU CAN MAKE, TO ADD TO OUR SECURITY....THANK YOU.........CAMPBAKER

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
well i like 9mm best, but if you want .40 there are a number of guns they offer.

my top pick of course would be either a pt100 or a pt101..

only difference is the 101 has adjustable sights, 100 has fixed and cost about 20 bucks less.
if you ever shot a beretta 96 you have a pretty good idea of what the taurus will be like.
i have a pt92 (9mm fixed sights) and it is very reliable and accurate.

they also came out with the 24/7 oss, suppose to be a good gun, never shot it my self.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
+1 on the PT100 or PT101 just due to how much I like the platform. We have many forum members who also own and love their 24/7 PROs which you may wish to take into consideration as well since you can get those with a stainless slide.

By the way, welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you with us.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
First welcome and I have pt 1911 and intend on buying either a 24/7 or a mil pro this month. They seem to have a good track record around here and feel real good in the hand.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Another +1 for PT100/101!

PS: may not be a bad idea to turn off the Caps Lock; believe it or not, it actually makes it harder to read since people don't normally read all in capitals ;)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I say go for the 24/7. I have had mine a year and a half, over 1000 rounds, without any problems. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
Something I missed from your 1st post you already have a few good handguns but for home defense that 's above the handgun area is the 12 Gage pump there are several out there and completely change the advantage of a home invasion. You suddenly have a huge advantage in fire power. That includes slugs and several different buckshot loads. This should be a part of everyone's home defense package. IMO :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANK YOU ALL FOR REPLYING..

I AM AN OLD MAN OF 71 WITH CHRONIC PAIN PROBLEMS FOR 45 YEARS.

I USE CAPS BECAUSE PART OF MY FINGERS ARE MISSING. IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO TYPE CORRECTLY.

..I COLLECT & BUILD WEAPONS BUT I AM TO STIFF TO USE A SHOTGUN.

IF I CAN'T GET AN INTRUDER WITH A HIGH CAPACITY MAG IN .40CAL. AIMED WITH A LASER. IT IS OVER ANYHOW.

CAMPBAKER

·
Administrator
40,380 Posts
You stated this would be a purchase just to enjoy, so I would recommend the 24/7 or PT1911. Make great range guns and will also take care of business if so called upon. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
man i almost bought a pt1911 at the gun show, it was black i really prefer stainless but that thing had a silky smooth and feather light trigger on it..

the guy wanted 400 and said it had about 20 rounds in it.. and it looked like he was telling the truth.

but then i would have been spending my milpro money it was hard to resist.

·
Registered
44 Posts
campbaker2 said:
THANK YOU ALL FOR REPLYING..

I AM AN OLD MAN OF 71 WITH CHRONIC PAIN PROBLEMS FOR 45 YEARS.

I USE CAPS BECAUSE PART OF MY FINGERS ARE MISSING. IT MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO TYPE CORRECTLY.

..I COLLECT & BUILD WEAPONS BUT I AM TO STIFF TO USE A SHOTGUN.

IF I CAN'T GET AN INTRUDER WITH A HIGH CAPACITY MAG IN .40CAL. AIMED WITH A LASER. IT IS OVER ANYHOW.

CAMPBAKER
I don't think the 24/7 series is going to be good for you. The trigger pull is very long to the point of just at the grip. It sounds like you need something with less travel and less pull.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another thing to consider is ammo for the weapon you choose. Of the host of different ammos out there it seem that 9mm is the least expensive and has lots of variations to choose from.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts