Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been on here in some time, but I seem to remember on your honor shooting matches here. Did it get moved or stopped altogether? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19,583 Posts
I don't recall it but that isn't sayin' much. The only match shooting I do is when I go to the range and get two holes in the same target...:wink:...I consider that a match.

Reactions: pegasus and pzlehr

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Yes there were monthly pistol and rifle "challenges". It pretty much just got to the point where there weren't enough people participating and the folks taking care of them didn't want or have the time to devote to it with so few participants.

·
Super Moderator
20,066 Posts
Check with mingaa - he volunteered to help with the monthly challenges when I was too occupied (read-lazy) to do them. I think there was another volunteer or two but I don’t recall their names.

Reactions: pzlehr

·
Super Moderator
20,066 Posts
Mingaa and I double teamed it for quite a while.
Well, there you have it. Darbo, how many participants would it take to even consider restarting them? Perhaps with a rotating list of volunteers to help with the posting and scoring so that you might only be called upon every 8-12 weeks.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Well, there you have it. Darbo, how many participants would it take to even consider restarting them? Perhaps with a rotating list of volunteers to help with the posting and scoring so that you might only be called upon every 8-12 weeks.
I'd be down for running/scoring too. Maybe mix the format up a bit?

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
Yes there were monthly pistol and rifle "challenges". It pretty much just got to the point where there weren't enough people participating and the folks taking care of them didn't want or have the time to devote to it with so few participants.

yep, it ran up and down from a few to a very small few that participated.
In the pistol cat I think it was usually only 3-4 of us that participated.
so I guess it got old and people got tired of hosting it?

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
That's a difficult question to answer. As has been said after a while both challenges dwindled down to just a few participants. Being totally honest I think some folks got discouraged or whatever because their shooting wasn't as good as some of the better shooters so they would stop participating.

On 1 or 2 random occasions I have started a rifle challenge and there were only a couple of participants. In the last few months 88keys has put up a pistol challenge with only a couple of participants.

After quite some time of Mingaa and I splitting the chores I stopped and Mingaa took on both. After a while I knew he was busy in his personal life and I would pick up some of the work to help him out. I guess I don't know the answer to your question. Mingaa is smarter than me, maybe he can give you a good answer!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Maybe we can change it up a little, just to keep it interesting. A challenge thread... Like this. :)

@Olfarhors, we have all been putting up with your 20 year old target grouping pictures for way too long, I call shenanigans. I challenge you to a duel Sir. 10 yards 45acp, 5 shots right handed, 5 shots left handed (same target). Smallest group has bragging rights. You have 24 hours to respond and 7 days to post picture proof. Unless of course, you is fraidy skared .

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
Maybe we can change it up a little, just to keep it interesting. A challenge thread... Like this. :)

@Olfarhos, we have all been putting up with your 20 year old target grouping pictures for way too long, I call shenanigans. I challenge you to a duel Sir. 10 yards 45acp, 5 shots right handed, 5 shots left handed (same target). Smallest group has bragging rights. You have 24 hours to respond and 7 days to post picture proof. Unless of course, you is fraddy skared .
ahh. well you do realize before you challenge me to a strong hand and weak hand shoot off that I am Amphibous right?
why is everyone picking on me??
Its all Green wolfs fault!
45's hurt my hands as well!
I got a muscle pull in my right and left hand, I broke my glasses, I have been sick with the flu---If not for this then I would be ready!!!

If you had made this idea last week then I carried my Colt Combat Elite and my CZ 97 to the range and I could have captured a few targets, that was before I injured my hands, broke my glasses and came down with the flu you know.
Now that lil Miss 88 Keys is a sleeper, she may sound lady like and such but don't let her fool ya, she can shoot lights out by the way.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
ahh. well you do realize before you challenge me to a strong hand and weak hand shoot off that I am Amphibous right?
why is everyone picking on me??
Its all Green wolfs fault!
45's hurt my hands as well!
I got a muscle pull in my right and left hand, I broke my glasses, I have been sick with the flu---If not for this then I would be ready!!!

If you had made this idea last week then I carried my Colt Combat Elite and my CZ 97 to the range and I could have captured a few targets, that was before I injured my hands, broke my glasses and came down with the flu you know.
Now that lil Miss 88 Keys is a sleeper, she may sound lady like and such but don't let her fool ya, she can shoot lights out by the way.
Well, pick your poison pilgrim. 9mm, 22's, heck, I'd enjoy beating you at lawn darts. :)

I'll post my pictures this weekend, just let me knw what caliber. .22 ok? Can ya handle the recoil? :D

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
Well, pick your poison pilgrim. 9mm, 22's, heck, I'd enjoy beating you at lawn darts. :)

I'll post my pictures this weekend, just let me knw what caliber. .22 ok? Can ya handle the recoil? :D
agg uhh--41 Magnum then!!!
or 38 Super??--maybe 10 MM?
you got any of them?? if Not then I win!!!-------

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
37,646 Posts
That's actually a pretty cool idea...duels! I learned all about them when I visited The Hermitage. Now the firearms have to be mutually agreed upon, hence available...I suppose by sticking my nose in here I am offering to be a "second"..

For the OP...feel free to PM the other members who are interested in reviving/maintaining the monthly contests and welcome back! Don't be a stranger!

Reactions: Bellows1

·
Super Moderator
20,066 Posts

OMG:Eyecrazy: Are you guys NUTZ:vogel: You know Lawn Darts are the most dangerous game ever put on the market? It would be so much safer to duel pistols at 10 paces . . . . .

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
OMG:Eyecrazy: Are you guys NUTZ:vogel: You know Lawn Darts are the most dangerous game ever put on the market? It would be so much safer to duel pistols at 10 paces . . . . .
Maybe for the average ninja mall wannabe, but everyone knows TA members are sharpshooters of the highest order. Deadly accurate with firearms AND lawn darts!

·
Registered
36,935 Posts

as long as the Lawn Darts shootout doesn't involve running (as in Tactical Lawn Darts") I am Ok with it.
I can't participate in any game that involves running with sharp objects in my hands.

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
I like the idea of reviving some form of honor system competition. Prob'ly 'cause I'm retired now and have the time to participate. There are rules and regs about target size, distance, etc. but I'm not sure where to find them. Anyone remember where that stuff is posted?

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
NOPE!!
it likely in the archives some where I doubt they deleted all of it?
I remember there was a rim fire cat, and then a range cat--like 7 yards and 15 yards I think it was, then there was cats by barrel length, 4 1/2 and under and then longer than that?
all was standing unsupported and no magnified scopes and such.
this was for Pistolas.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts