Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Watching television late one evening or very early morning when I thought I heard the doorknob to the basement being messed with. I get up and look toward kitchen and listen but hear nothing. Maybe it was the television surround sound? It is a really good setup in our house. Some time later I definitely hear the knob flip. I jump up turn around and once again look towards the kitchen and our basement door. I see nothing unusual but I know this time it was not the television/surround sound. I hurry to the bedroom and retrieve my suppressed Colt smg with attached light and start my way down the stairs and into the basement and garage flicking lights on as I go. About fifteen minutes later I am back upstairs having found nothing. This time the Colt is propped up against the fireplace as I resume my television watching. Some time later I hear the knob turning. I jump to my feet, grab the Colt and face the door this time seeing the knob slowly turning. I issue a challenge and prepare for action as the door slowly creeks open. Then I see something lean out from behind the door; I hit the light and shout to the intruder that I am armed and to not move! A second later I see two glowing red eyes lit up by my light as Stuart the cat slinks in around the door. Evidently he had figured out how to open and close doors and was letting himself back upstairs.

From then on he would become famous throughout the neighbourhood for letting himself into the neighbours houses, to be found sleeping on their sofas after opening all their closet, bathroom and bedroom doors throughout the house. Many a neighbour up until then had been wondering who was coming into their houses without their knowledge. :eek:

·
Registered
36,669 Posts
Did some years with a Florida's sheriff's reserve, but mostly recovery diver work, a little dog support, some marine patrol.

Not trained in house clearing, so my preferred approach if I ABSOLUTELY HAD to do any house clearing would likely be . . .

View attachment 478634
This works pretty good as well!
10-W of Chappell Rd..jpg

Reactions: 230JHP

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,181 Posts
Are you sure someone hadn't ridden that broom and dropped it seconds before you got out there?
So you are saying, “the wife got home late”?

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Watching television late one evening or very early morning when I thought I heard the doorknob to the basement being messed with. I get up and look toward kitchen and listen but hear nothing. Maybe it was the television surround sound? It is a really good setup in our house. Some time later I definitely hear the knob flip. I jump up turn around and once again look towards the kitchen and our basement door. I see nothing unusual but I know this time it was not the television/surround sound. I hurry to the bedroom and retrieve my suppressed Colt smg with attached light and start my way down the stairs and into the basement and garage flicking lights on as I go. About fifteen minutes later I am back upstairs having found nothing. This time the Colt is propped up against the fireplace as I resume my television watching. Some time later I hear the knob turning. I jump to my feet, grab the Colt and face the door this time seeing the knob slowly turning. I issue a challenge and prepare for action as the door slowly creeks open. Then I see something lean out from behind the door; I hit the light and shout to the intruder that I am armed and to not move! A second later I see two glowing red eyes lit up by my light as Stuart the cat slinks in around the door. Evidently he had figured out how to open and close doors and was letting himself back upstairs.

From then on he would become famous throughout the neighbourhood for letting himself into the neighbours houses, to be found sleeping on their sofas after opening all their closet, bathroom and bedroom doors throughout the house. Many a neighbour up until then had been wondering who was coming into their houses without their knowledge. :eek:
WOW, is this an awesome board or what? These are great stories!

I'd be careful drawing down on a cat that talented. Has he ever watched you open the gun safe?

·
Registered
665 Posts
WOW, is this an awesome board or what? These are great stories!

I'd be careful drawing down on a cat that talented. Has he ever watched you open the gun safe?
To tell you truth I have no idea. I should probably have kept an eye on him in that regard. Unfortunately Stuart is no longer with us. He was quite old.

He would get very upset hanging on the front door handle and spurring the door when it would not open. He was turning the knob but it just would not open. He never figured out the dead bolt thing. :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was guarding a public housing project, partly under construction, and was there mainly to make sure thieves didn't steal copper piping from the unoccupied apartments. (yes it was decades ago)
Also to guard the bulldozer and other equipment locked up in the courtyard. Because not all the unfinished apartments were in the same location I had to do foot patrols of the entire complex. As I was completing a round I noticed an old pickup truck parked in front of one of the unfinished apartments. This was probably 330am. My first thought was I caught thieves in the act, or was going to. :) I opened the door to the apartment and shined my mag light at 2 guys having sex on the floor. :(
LMFAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
To tell you truth I have no idea. I should probably have kept an eye on him in that regard. Unfortunately Stuart is no longer with us. He was quite old.

He would get very upset hanging on the front door handle and spurring the door when it would not open. He was turning the knob but it just would not open. He never figured out the dead bolt thing. :cool:
It's so much fun when guests are sitting in the living room, the front door opens slowly, the cat jumps down from the doorknob and sashays with his tail straight up in the air across the room.

Happened when I was little. The guest was our new minister- who was sitting in the chair near the door.

Unfortunately, that chair was also the cat's favorite napping spot. He came back into the room after getting a drink of water and ended up rooting the preacher out of the chair.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
519 Posts
My polydactyl cat Timmy has the doorknob thing figured out, but he can't seem to generate enough torque to open the door. So he sits and cries while pawing the knob. I just don't think he's big enough for the job.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts