Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..... ever have dovetailed front sights?
I'm finding sight sets that state they fit a PT945, but the front sight is dovetailed.

Hmmm.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Think my PT945 HD POLICE has front dovetail sights. It was made in 1996. Ill dig it out in a bit to check for sure.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think my PT945 HD POLICE has front dovetail sights. It was made in 1996. Ill dig it out in a bit to check for sure.
No hurry.
Night sights have been discontinued.
Williams Fire Sights are available, but which one?
Description says:
Fits:
Taurus PT-111, PT-140, PT-145, PT-100, PT-945 & PT-745 Pro with dovetail sights. Item # 70897 .
Note: These are dovetail sights and will not fit the flat sight models, including the PT-111 G2
The front sight is dovetailed and has a screw hole.

Finding sights for this gun is almost impossible. :mad:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Administrator
17,668 Posts
PT945's, made prior to about 1999, had dovetailed Front Sights. PT945's made after that, had Front Sights held in by a screw in a milled in slot/pocket.

The later PT945 Front Sights appear to be very similar to the Front Sights on my S&W SW9VE, so aftermarket sights might be able to be fitted.

Traded off my PT945, so I can't say for sure.

S&W SW9VE

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply.
I believe the rear dovetail is a lot wider than most other guns.
The Williams Fire Sight I found had this dovetail but the front has a dovetail and a screw slot.
I'm wondering if the dovetail can be removed.
I guess I can buy a set and see.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Problem with Trijicon is the half life of them, considering they're new old stock they could be near the end of their glowing.

Reactions: STEELERFANJOE
1 - 12 of 12 Posts