Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some trading with a local fella, good clean cut no problems . I got rid of a long gun that I have had but never fired for years, traded for a S & W model 3904 (9mm0 & a Petta Black powder wheel gun (44 cal) With a Spare wgeel for shooting 45apc rounds.
Both guns are clean and well treated. Any help or comments are welcome.

·
Registered
21,110 Posts
What was the long gun?

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
You happy with it?

Then that's a great trade!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Right, as long as you got what you wanted then it is a good deal.:thumb::thumb:

Reactions: leejack

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
I used to be a moderator on a facebook trading site for guy stuff ( hunting, camping, shooting, car junk, etc......)

I would see so many people try to make trades dollar for dollar, cent for cent. And most fell through.

I would make about 5 or 6 trades a month and was happy as hell about it.

My secret?

I will trade a $70 item that I don't want, need or care about for a $40 item that I do want or need.
The way I see it,if the $70 item wasn't being used or doing anything - then it wasn't worth anything.
But if I traded it for a $40 item I really wanted and would use it, then I just gained $40 worth of stuff for something worth nothing.

So, if you are happy with it, it's a great deal.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
Sounds like a fair trade to me, I have a 39-2 and it is a great pistol.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me, and - in my own opinion - a trade up since I'm not an AR guy. I see those old Smith 3900 series go used for 300 - 350. The BP revo 250 new, the cylinder 250. If all that approximates your rifle value, your fine.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
:nopics:

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
If your happy it was a good trade. Congrats, looking forward to pictures.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
If you try to make trades on items like that based on "Dollar for dollar" you will never come out "Ahead: in terms of usefulness and you probably won't make many trades (as was pointed out already). The 3904 is a great gun The whole 39-series ,after the very early ones had a couple of bugs worked out, was mercifully undervalued for a long time so I was able to get some of them. While some of the AR "Knock offs and Clones" are better IMO than the Colts, but they are falling out of trees, they don't make the S&W anymore and that is S&Ws mistake (so I wouldn't be too harsh about them) if that was all it amounted to in your mind and you really had no use for it IMO a 3904 and almost anything decent thrown in, and the Piettas are good, with the extra cylinder you did just fine.

Start looking for the mags for the 3904 and get a good holster and plenty of practice ammo. You'll have a far more useful gun than an AR sitting in a closet IMO.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I think it was a great deal for you! You've got some stuff you're going to shoot now, not just keep in the cupboard. Just checking - but is that spare cylinder for the Pieta 45acp or 45colt? DH has one with a spare 45colt cylinder and he really likes it!

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I think the people who put a trade value higher than a cash value are funny,think about it you place a higher trade value on you item and since we are trading I am going to place a higher trade value on mine. Net gain zero

Reactions: scoutfish

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The last trade I made was a Springfield XD40 Service with 4 mags and a Crossbreed Supertuck for a 4" Stainless Taurus Tracker .44 Mag. I wasn't carrying or shooting the XD much becase I had a G19 that I shot better and a Kel Tec PF9 that carried better. The monetary value of the XD and accessories is probably greater than the Tracker, but the Tracker is a compact and lightweight woods carry platform that fires full strength .44 Magnum. I carry it while hunting and exploring the wilderness when I want more stopping power than my 9mm or .45 EDCs. I carry it for 9 days every October and quite a bit throughout the rest of the year. Also being a .44 Magnum I shoot it quite a bit because I load a good deal of .44 Magnum for it and the Super Blackhawk.

Basically I got a gun that I am currently use. Guns sitting in the safe and not being used are not very valuable to me. So ask yourself, do these two handguns offer you more value than the rifle. If they do, you made a good trade.

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Trading is the way I ended up with a couple of my most cherished firearms
Same here. The last trade I made was a 44mag for a Sig220. Both of us walked away with an ear to ear grin. I got my "Dirty Harry" model 29 in a trade.

·
22,034 Posts
No comments without pictures. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts