Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
Finders keepers...unless it's stolen property.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
oh I am sure there is nothing wrong with the gun, I am sure someone just happened to have a GALIL out fishing and somehow it fell over board.
Bet the gun comes back clean and no problems with it.
I often took my AR Trout Fishing with me!

Attachments

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Premium Member
4,238 Posts
If the gun is not claimed, wonder if it goes to the finder ?.
Generally, the finder has the right of possession, subject only to the original owner. However, being that it is a gun, I'm guessing it will find its way in to some administrator's home rather than back to the finder. I have no idea what a Galil is (and didn't take the time to look it up) but if it is a valuable or collectible gun, he should immediately start court proceedings to get it rightfully back in his possession.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm thinking the former owner planned to do a little evening fishing and brought along a lamp. In Texas we experience a weather phenomena called a microburst. I lost a fishing hat that way.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
^^ Nice lamp..but it needs a bigger shade! :D

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

I think the shade is alright, its that God awful military black savage killer high capacity extended clippy thang that's making everything look out of spec!

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
Agree re: the shade. Guess you could take the bulb extension out after your house is searched and go shooting. I see no indication it has been disabled.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
oh I am sure there is nothing wrong with the gun, I am sure someone just happened to have a GALIL out fishing and somehow it fell over board.
Bet the gun comes back clean and no problems with it.
I often took my AR Trout Fishing with me!
Inquiring minds have to know, is an AR a good fisherman? Or does he just talk and drink all your beer?

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
If he surrendered the firearm after finding it, it's gone gone gone. Even if it comes back clean it would be put up for auction and the finder would have to bid on it. If he wanted to keep it, he A - had to be able to legally own it and B, provide ALL the info for the firearm but not the firearm itself unless he had the ownership established as his firearm and only on temporary loan to the City of Arlington for a set period of time. I went through something similar a few years back with a $700 drone that flew into the side of the house.

Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you boys look carefully you'll see it has one of them LED bulbs that reduces our carbon footprint. (Whoops, strike that. I didn't apply for permission to make political comments. My bad.)

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have no idea what a Galil is (and didn't take the time to look it up) but if it is a valuable or collectible gun, he should immediately start court proceedings to get it rightfully back in his possession.
It's essentially an Israeli AK, as for valuable, guess it depends on your definition of valuable, but they're in the neighborhood of $1800 (+/-) depending on the model.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
If you boys look carefully you'll see it has one of them LED bulbs that reduces our carbon footprint. (Whoops, strike that. I didn't apply for permission to make political comments. My bad.)
as always I am here to spread cheer, be helpful and make observations of easy ways to correct problems.
that being said why don't you just go on over to the politics section and wait , we will be there shortly and we can all have a discussion on Politics.
you may need to look close for us to show up as I understand that Forum is quite busy!

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
. I went through something similar a few years back with a $700 drone that flew into the side of the house.
Damned Iranians trying to blow up your oil well!!!!----

Attachments

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Inquiring minds have to know, is an AR a good fisherman? Or does he just talk and drink all your beer?
The latter, that's why I quit taking him with me!
typical Fishing buddy!

·
Registered
502 Posts
why don't you just go on over to the politics section and wait , we will be there shortly
Against my better judgement. I got down on one knee and asked if I could pledge the forum's secret society -- Skull and Boneheads. Do you think it will take as long as the Gummint took to send me my NFA stamp?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.