Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I wonder if they are going to have a deep discount sale to at least sell whatever inventory they have. Heck, I might go in to my local store and make some ridiculous offer just to see if they'd take it. Probable better than just destroying them. But they are clearly going though the liberal 'virtue signaling' display to demonstrate how concerned they are. Let the healing begin!

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
Mere words are not adequate enough to express my outrage.

·
Registered
15,887 Posts
I can't believe shareholders are ok with destroying inventory in the range of tens of millions of dollars to "feel good". I'd want the BODs heads on platters for wasting MY investment cash. Hell, I'd probably sue the snot out of them.

·
Registered
32,717 Posts
It has taken more than a few years for pro-second amendment people to forgive a few sports places for refusing to sell or pulling AR's off the rack after Sandy Hook.

We don't have a Dick's around Lubbock. so Ill never know what I am missing! :)

·
Super Moderator
22,318 Posts
I read that today. Our Dicks had a bunch of their staff quit that were between 18 and 21. They had problems opening their stores for a few weeks.

And they are destroying all their stock that are in there stores!

Pretty stupid if you ask me. Academy is just down the road and have doubled their inventory!
Their selling AR'S. And 30 round mags like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32,717 Posts
I read that today. Our Dicks had a bunch of their staff quit that were between 18 and 21. They had problems opening their stores for a few weeks.

And they are destroying all their stock that are in there stores!

Pretty stupid if you ask me. Academy is just down the road and have doubled their inventory!
Their selling AR'S. And 30 round mags like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Academy did pull their AR's off the racks a few years back, they were still availble and carried at the stores, but were not on display. For the most part, that has been forgiven.

Reactions: 45 Forever

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Wow...:unsure:...talk about choosing a name that clearly identifies the company. I went in their store once, total waste of time. I was looking for sporting goods but it was more like Bon-Ton or The Gap, mostly just yuppie a clothing store.

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts
I can't believe shareholders are ok with destroying inventory in the range of tens of millions of dollars to "feel good". I'd want the BODs heads on platters for wasting MY investment cash. Hell, I'd probably sue the snot out of them.
Oh BOY! MATH TIME......

Dick's has 610 stores....I wonder how much inventory they'd carry on average for something like that? 10 per store? Eh...let's call it 8. I'm not counting Field & Stream stores.

610 x 8 = 4,880 rifles. So what's average wholesale? $450 maybe? That'd be $2,196,000. So not tens of millions. They'd have to have inventory like 75 per store for that.

But I could be low. "Millions" for sure if not "Tens of millions".

But they also had net income of $323 million on revenue of $8.59 billion. A few million might cut their net profit by 1%. Not a big deal. They probably lose more than that to shoplifting.

·
Registered
755 Posts
There are companies that lose my business because they take a political position opposing mine. Dicks, Target, Disney ...

I don't mind one saying they will not sell ammo to a minor, OK But Dicks not selling AR's is all posturing, there is no shortage of AR's. Target telling me that the ladies room is now whatever you want it to be...Disney being Disney.

Walmart supplies product, that is their function in life. Sell product, make $. Somewher there is some statistician that has decided the move will improve Dick's position with Libs more than it would hurt 2nd amendment supporters. Or maybe they don't care about the business of making $ and they are in the business of making statements. Sell the stock now.

Next week Dicks will be selling weed but not AR's.

·
Registered
755 Posts
And the top right banner on Taurus Armed is Academy Sports. Isn't America great, we still have freedom and choices ... except we have to buy premium heathcare.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Premium Member
17,735 Posts

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
How is this place still in business?
If the sales figures of my local Dicks is any indication, they won't be for long. I heard the story yesterday, and had to go to a store that was next to Dicks. After I got done, just out of curiosity I went inside Dicks. All of the other businesses in that shopping center had a lot of cars in front of them, but not Dicks.
The only people I saw inside were employees. I literally could not find one other person in there at that time besides myself that didn't work there, and I walked around the entire store.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.