·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Yep....Me thinks they are sufferin' from "Glock leg"......shot themselves in the foot!

There is a big one here in Mobile... fairly new too. There is a large Dick's Sporting Goods....and next door is their Field & Stream.
The F&S side ran down hill after they ran their mouth.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Yep....Me thinks they are sufferin' from "Glock leg"......shot themselves in the foot!

There is a big one here in Mobile... fairly new too. There is a large Dick's Sporting Goods....and next door is their Field & Stream.
The F&S side ran down hill after they ran their mouth.
I have yet to go in either one of those or Costco. I go to the Bass Pro in Spanish Fort and Sams in Daphne.
I don't go to many Bay Bear games with the Shuckers 15 mins closer.
I have been in the dicks in D'iberville twice. Just to see what the hub bub is about and kill some time. I think Academy is much better. Bass Pro is many times better than Academy.

·
Registered
17,299 Posts
The only time anyone talks about Dicks anymore is to rag on them.
I've never been in one of their stores so officially I can't criticize them.
I don't even know if they have a store around here.
Man, I feel so inadequate now............:(

Reactions: TonyC2639

·
Super Moderator
35,439 Posts
Mess with gun owners at your own peril. :D

Why would I stop and Dicks when there's a big Bass Pro right across the highway at the Katy location? I wanna say what Dicks can do, but that would be lewd and totally inappropriate, especially for a moderator. :rofl: I went there one time when it first opened in Katy and was totally unimpressed.

Reactions: chefduane

·
Super Moderator
37,552 Posts
I was watching their stock yesterday and it dropped...big time. Here's the three year graph.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
Now they have more room for golf clubs and over priced work out gear!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I will never shop at Dick's. However, when their inevitable bankruptcy occurs, I do intend to celebrate. Full mags of 5.56 shot judiciuously and accurately at a laser printed copy of the Dick's logo. On second thought, why wait? Good activity for this weekend.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
I tried buying something from them years before they went crazier and realized they live up to their name and never came back. Soon they'll be a distant memory at the rate they're going.

·
23,071 Posts
They are even admitting they are suffering because of their gun decisions. Good. Let 'em whither.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
In the days of internet sales, you need a major foothold and business model to even compete with online retailers. I give Dick's 3 years tops before they have to fold up their tents and call it a day.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
The store in Danville Va closed the first of the year. It doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
A little while ago, I NEEDED a lensatic compass. At the local WalMart, the clerk responded with a look like I had just stepped off a flying saucer. Gonzo Mountain, about five miles up the Interstate was in their change-over, and were still closed, so dick's was the only option. Oh, they had one, alright - ONE! Cheap plastic, funky no-focus lens, and a $9.95 price tag. I bit my tongue, bit the bullet, and have been bitching about it since.. - - - - - Waitaminnit, did I spell "biting" right?

Flash

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Now they have more room for golf clubs and over priced work out gear!
Actually one of the commenters to the article said they are changing their name to "Dick's Yoga Pants and Golf Ball Emporium". I got a good chuckle out of that.

·
Registered
6,805 Posts
A little while ago, I NEEDED a lensatic compass. At the local WalMart, the clerk responded with a look like I had just stepped off a flying saucer. Gonzo Mountain, about five miles up the Interstate was in their change-over, and were still closed, so dick's was the only option. Oh, they had one, alright - ONE! Cheap plastic, funky no-focus lens, and a $9.95 price tag. I bit my tongue, bit the bullet, and have been bitching about it since.. - - - - - Waitaminnit, did I spell "biting" right?

Flash
The advantage of living as close to Ft Benning as I do is that there are several businesses in town that cater to not only the military but the Ranger community in particular. I can swing by Ranger Joe's or US Cavalry's showrooms and pick up what I need.

Reactions: GreenWolf70

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Mess with gun owners at your own peril. :D

Why would I stop and Dicks when there's a big Bass Pro right across the highway at the Katy location? I wanna say what Dicks can do, but that would be lewd and totally inappropriate, especially for a moderator. :rofl: I went there one time when it first opened in Katy and was totally unimpressed.
Katy is the national HQ of Academy, isn't it? Is there a HQ anchor store there?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts