Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How in hell did Channey get a new heart transplant? The 70something old bastard must have jumped in front of a lot of people to get it. He stated to the press that he did not know who donated it. It was the same family you wrote the check out to! Money talks. Damn shame. There suppose to be laws against buying organs.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
It's still not as bad as the organ America got in 2008.

Reactions: drummin_man627

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
How in hell did Channey get a new heart transplant? The 70something old bastard must have jumped in front of a lot of people to get it. He stated to the press that he did not know who donated it. It was the same family you wrote the check out to! Money talks. Damn shame. There suppose to be laws against buying organs.
He was on the waiting list for 20 months.
There is no first come first serve for transplants.
It depends on the patient's condition and if a match is found.
There may have been other people ahead of him, but if the donor heart was not a match for them and was for Cheney, then he got it.
That's the way it works.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
It's hard to say if it's fair or not. We automatically want to think that he received preference, but maybe it's legit. However, it does remind me of the whole thing with Mickey Mantle and his replacement liver as well.......

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
I don't think he paid for it.

But on the broader issue of laws against purchasing organs, I think those laws need repealed. The system today, is bureaucratically slow and is the source for shortages. By taking out any economic incentive, you severely limit the donor pool.

Take me, the quintessential evil capitalist. I am not a donor under todays system. What incentive do I have, I'm dead? The incentive of feeling better about myself... Uhh I'm dead, what does it matter? Making me feel better about myself during my life. No, sorry I support tons of people with the taxes I pay, thats enough for society at large.

However if my organs would financially benefit my family if I died, I would do it in a heartbeat (pun) to help them out financially as a parting gift. The only way I would donate for free would be to help a family member or close friend. I know I am not the only one like that out there.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I don't think he paid for it.

But on the broader issue of laws against purchasing organs, I think those laws need repealed. The system today, is bureaucratically slow and is the source for shortages. By taking out any economic incentive, you severely limit the donor pool.

Take me, the quintessential evil capitalist. I am not a donor under todays system. What incentive do I have, I'm dead? The incentive of feeling better about myself... Uhh I'm dead, what does it matter? Making me feel better about myself during my life. No, sorry I support tons of people with the taxes I pay, thats enough for society at large.

However if my organs would financially benefit my family if I died, I would do it in a heartbeat (pun) to help them out financially as a parting gift. The only way I would donate for free would be to help a family member or close friend. I know I am not the only one like that out there.
I've got a spare kidney. $15,000 obo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts