Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read a pretty good review on this newer model.
Seems like a good addition to pocket carry for those like me that do carry that way.
Looking at some LGS to see one without any luck.
Anyone seen or handled one yet?

·
Registered
18,492 Posts
A buddy of mine has an earlier gen and absolutely loves it. I've heard it was luck of the draw, whether you got a good one or bad one but he must've gotten a good one, claims he's shot over 1,000 rounds through it with no issues. I haven't shot it but I like the way it feels and if the odds have improved, I'd consider one for sure.

·
32,481 Posts
Welcome to the DB Forum! https://diamondbackforum.com You can go to that forum and find out from them as a research tool. Others do the same. Do that myself when looking for info of any kind. I check out as many sources as possible for feedback from the actual owners. Trolls are not relevant in these kinds of things.
You are right. Hope you find a gun store/range that has them.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I own a gen 2 model db9......Could not feed a magazine without stove pipes.....after 250 rounds the trigger failed to reset......sent it in....they kept it 4 months before returning...They fixed the trigger but the thing still could not make it through a mag without stove piping.......In frustration i went online and followed the suggestion to use cut down keltec springs. This fixed my problem! Size wise they are great to carry... However, i never quite trusted the gun and now carry a Ruger lc9. I have heard the new gen 4 is better, but if you follow their forums which i do, its still a crap shoot but the odds have improved. if you are comfortable working on the guns to make them work you should go for it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After reading several reviews on the Diamondback forum, I have decided to wait and decide until I can actually examine and hold one.
Thanks all for the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts