Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, trying to find a swivel stud attachment for my R92 but it's not with me and I can't seem to find it listed anywhere. Will the .630-.675 one work?

·
Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
Caliber? It makes a difference. I have a .357. I installed a stud by drilling and tapping the bottom of the barrel band. It turned out great and I prefer it to those clamp on things.

If yours is .357, I'll go measure mine and repost what I find.

·
Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
.550", so I'm guessing you have a larger caliber.

·
Registered
340 Posts
i don't remember the measurment of mine off hand, mine is 44-40, but the clamp on stud sucks. you i can't make it tight enough to stop it from turning on the tube. i even tried locktite per the instructions. i think mine was an Uncle Mike's brand but don't remember now. i never would have added a sling but the wife has claimed it as her deer hunting rifle and said it must have a sling.

·
Super Moderator
36,395 Posts
The drill and tap stud I put on my barrel band works fantastic. I have hunted with mine, carry it afield as a utility rifle when I'm out back working on something. It's light and handy, but a sling really helps when you're working with something and have to have your hands free. Since moving here, I appreciate it even more. I carry it with light .38s for squirrels/rabbits and have a couple of magnums along in a pocket in case I hear pigs coming through the brush. Will take a quick rear sight change, but I carry it with only 4 .38s in the magazine so I can load a couple of mags and jack one in. :D

Anyway, the sling is handy. I installed it 25 years ago when I got the rifle and it's been on the gun trouble free ever since. The drilling and tapping wasn't that difficult, but I had a drill press to drill it with. I don't like those clamp on things, either. When it slips, it just CAN'T do much for the finish on the mag tube, either.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I ended up drilling and tapping a stud on the barrel band, worked out very well. Thanks all for the suggestion.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll see if I can get a picture of mine later tonight. Seems that the hold is very firm however, in fact I'm more worried about the one that goes into the wood stock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.