Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In checking out a line of new (to me) CC holsters, I checked the sizing charts to see whether they made models to fit the Taurus pistols I owned before that terrible accident while ice fishing.
If you'll look at the .45ACP column and scroll down to Taurus models, you'll see one sized for the PT145 and yet another sized (different size) for something called the Millenium Compact.
Anyone know anything about that?

How to Size ? Versacarry

· Super Moderator
20,209 Posts
I would suggest you verify Versacarry before approaching vociferously . . . . But, don't hold back - go velociraptor on them if you ain't happy.

And, on a serious note, I use my Crossbreed Minituck for both my 140 and 145. After carrying the 145 for a while, I just heat it a tad with a hair dryer, insert the 140 and press the material tighter around the gun. And, when not carrying, they share an Uncle Mike's nylon holster while stowed away. Bottom line: they should both be able to fit the same general holster.

· Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
P.S.
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask the VersaCarry people but if they do have advance knowledge of a new Taurus product, I'd also have to assume they're under a non-disclosure agreement.

· Super Moderator
20,209 Posts
I'm surprised you have to do the hairdryer thing. I have a K-holster (also Kydex) that fit both my 745 and my PT111 without modification.
The 145 is ever so slightly larger than the 140 and after extended use with the 145 the 140 just doesn't fit quite as snugly as I would like (a little too much wiggle room) so I do the hair dryer thing. Doesn't take more than 4-5 minutes and it ain't 'zackley rocket science . . . Oh, and its cheaper than another IWB and, based on the present level of demand, a heckuva lot quicker to be ready to carry

· Super Moderator
20,209 Posts
P.S.
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to ask the VersaCarry people but if they do have advance knowledge of a new Taurus product, I'd also have to assume they're under a non-disclosure agreement.
Roger that! I see nothing in the TaurusUSA 2013 catalog re: a MilPro compact (eg., PT145c) to indicate it but it does look (at initial glance) like there may be a slight size difference in the Pt111 and PT140 G2 models

· Registered
30,381 Posts
Looks like it only covers one side of the trigger guard - don't like it.
Looks like it leaves a lot of metal in contact with skin, too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.