Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any concrete and legit information on where to find a 10 or 12 round mag for a Taurus PT-58s in 380 cal.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
There was a person on eBay that was asking $120.00 for a used 12-round PT-58 magazine. As far as finding a commercial source for on-going purchases of PT-58 magazines, I have not been able to find one as of this writing and I also own a Taurus PT-58 in .380 cal. I wish the picture was much better since I would very much like to be able to buy more magazines for my PT-58.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Keep an eye on gun broker, every once in a while a good deal pops up on them. Most of the time they are way over priced. I have had some back ordered with Taurus for over a year now hoping one day they may get some in. 10 rounders are more common then than the original 12 rounders.

Reactions: glenwolde

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
There is currently one auction on GunBroker for a PT58 magazine with a $55 starting bid and another one for a pair of PT58 magazines with a starting bid of $149.00. One problem on GUnBroker is people will price in any sentimental or perceived "rarity" into the starting bid amount. Neither auction is from a seller that accepts credit cards as a form of payment.

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
There is a 12 round mag on Gunbroker with a starting price of $350. Oh, and it comes with a pistol...

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
There is a 12 round mag on Gunbroker with a starting price of $350. Oh, and it comes with a pistol...
Extra pistol for spare parts especially for something that old isn't a bad idea.

Would be neat if someone or group started putting together a database of magazine dimensions for
different guns.

They say backordered but 10 to 15 days. Worth checking into.
http://www.lapolicegear.com/taurus-mag-380acp--5-11031.html

All the Best,
D. White

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Damn, I should've jumped on these when my local Gander Mtn closed up. They had 4 pt58hc mags for 10 bucks a piece.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Yep. The 3 most pitiful words in my vocabulary- shoulda' , woulda' , and coulda' ....

·
Registered
17,449 Posts
I just posted about a Gunbroker seller who claims to have a couple of hundred 12 round magazines on hand. http://www.gunbroker.com/item/699654956
They don't say about capacity that I could see.

Everything for the PT58 is badly overpriced on eBay.

I have found out through a VERY lucky purchase that some of the older 10 round mags can be converted to 12 round because they simply have a spacer attached to the floor plate of the magazine which can be removed. However, magazines like the one below can not be easily converted.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just received the four magazines I bought from the Gunbroker auction listing I posted above. Seller is 100% legit, received 100% new 12 round OEM magazines for the PT58. Two were still in original Taurus wrapper/packaging. Again, 100% new, no wear or usage marks. Yeah cost was [email protected] but then again they new and hard to find now. Buy with confidence with this seller.

·
Registered
36,774 Posts
A year later and has the magazine market gotten any better for the PT 58?
Clem you are such a Jokester!!!
Thanks for getting the day off to a good laugh!---------

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cz 82 or 83(whichever is .380)will work. I took out my mag release,removed the slide,inserted the mag and drill the appropriate hole carefully.😉🤘

1 - 18 of 18 Posts