1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
I'd say the difference with Chicago is the policing itself. While Chicago is still a very violent city, the city leaders have not yet given up policing. The other listed cities have surrendered protection of businesses and homes to mob rule. Chicago, as far as I understand, still allows its police to protect homes and businesses. That's not to say there aren't lots of murders and some rioting, but it isn't total surrender.

I find it interesting that so many are learning of the vast power of the executive, whether it be city, state, or national. Legislative bodies, whether it be city council, state legislature, or Congress, have granted their executive tremendous authority when certain declarations are made by none other than that executive himself. Just like in this case, it appears that Congress has appropriated money to cities, but have reserved to the executive the authority to make declarations which allow the withholding of that money.

We really have no idea what kind of authority our governments have "blessed" our executives with!

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
It's actually rather refreshing to see this sort of push back from the Feds, from Trump in this case. Let the constituents see first hand what the cities capitulate on in regards to their civic duties and the repercussions.

Reactions: kerk

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
I don't think any city which has undermined the rule of law by appeasing violence while refusing to prosecute legitimate arrests and rejecting federal help should receive any taxpayer money for damages done by rioters.

·
21,937 Posts
Way to go, Barr; that guy doesn't mess around. Hope he's this tough on the Mueller criminals.

·
Super Moderator
19,635 Posts
I don't look for us southern states to be joining the anarchist cities anytime soon. Ron DeSantis, GOP gov of Fla has made it illegal for anyone to throw so much as a peanut at a LEO. To be caught doing so is a felony and sentences start at 10 years and run to 20 years. I believe Ga has a law like that in play, as well.

Reactions: CWB and rhugg

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Austin and Dallas Texas will soon be up there with the anarchist cities. We need to cancel their memberships.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts