Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy
okay gang, i have a deal brewing for a trade. My end would be me getting a desert eagle.
In honesty, besides reading about them, i have no idea of how good etc they are. Do any of you
fine folks have any doings with this weapon??.......please advise me of good,bad, etc....this is the 44 magnum.
I shoot 2 wheel guns in 44 magnum now. One 444 raging bull, the other is a super black hawk ruger
so i know the caliber. Please advise if you can.

Thanks

dennis

Reactions: rogertc1

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Currently own a DE in 50AE but have owned a couple in .44 and one in .357. IMO they are good weapons, all have been very reliable, accurate, they have a pretty good trigger pull and the gas semi auto system really tames recoil, the .44s mild and the .357 is a pussy cat. If you are a hunter, the lack of a cylinder gap will help velocity a little bit. You can change between calibers pretty easy, the .44 and .50AE only require a magazine and barrel change, the .357 also need a new bolt.

Now for the negative, they are heavy, expensive and the lack of adjustable sights should be a crime.

They do have coolness factor and was my major influence 18 years ago when I bought my first, now I keep one for the low recoil and great terminal performance. If the right deal came along I would buy another in a second.

All thread need pictures, plus might get you fired up!!

·
Banned
1,997 Posts
I have a DE in 44Mag. Ammo used to be easy to get. You must use the 44Mags with most power. Damn thing weighs a ton but not much recoil.Before you buy one see if you can work the slide. Takes momentum and strength. Not everyone can do.
Besides that. GET IT!!!
Plan to spend $1400 to $2000 on the basic Desert Eagle.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you very very much, i have the option for trade today. i have to give up a gpms ar15.....but it sets in the safe all the time......so i think i'm going to do it.
thanks so much for the insight.

dennis

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rogertc1
i want to also thank you for the information you gave me in regards to the desert eagle. i realize they should have hitches on them due to
weight [lol].......i'm going to go thru with the deal. i'll let you folks know how it ends up.......again, thank you

dennis

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Howdy
i took the deal. Thursday will be at the range trying it out. Let you know the results. Thanks folks for the help.

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts