Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For people that shoot their Judges. Curious to see what sort of experience you've had in the last 5 years. Seems the platform reliability has improved.

Personally, I've run mostly recommended shotgun shells(Federal handgun and specialty loads) through mine, along with .45lc at least 1200 rounds total with no issues in the last 5 years. I even do "Cylinder dumps" often where I just fire as fast as possible to "judge" my ability to require the target after recoil. Still, no issues.

·
9,104 Posts
I have bought and sold 8 Judges the last 6 years, most were bought for review and then sold after I slicked up the action. Minimum review ammo counts was usually around 100 rounds. So I have not had any issues with new Judges. I also purchased two old Judges one polished stainless and one polished blued, both had more play than I would like, but ran fine. overall I have been impressed with the Tauri revolvers all along, but the lockup and tight tolerances of the revolvers of the last few years has been stellar. In fact I am testing my second 856 snubbie right now, soon it will be added to a HD role. So I have two 856 snubbies , the first I bought a few months after product announcement, one matte black and one SS finish. They are rock solid and accurate.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I've only owned my Judge for 4 years and haven't shot it all that much, (.45LC/.410 is expensive) but in the past four years for as much as I've shot it, I've never had any trouble with it, and it still serves as my bedside Home Defense firearm.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,427 Posts
My wife won a Judge in a drawing at the Rapid City TAdotnet meeting in 17. It has been the "snake gun" and gotten plenty of use. No Problems!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I personally know 3 Judge owners and decided to ask them about their experience since this thread, it's the same thing, no problems whatsoever.
I'm starting to wonder now if the unreliable rumors were even true to begin with. If it were really that big of a problem years ago, people wouldn't continue to buy them. They've been a best-selling revolver for 15+ years, so the whole thing makes no sense to me.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I've had my Judge for about 6 years, and haven't had any 'functional' problems with it. It does shoot about 12"-15" low with 45lc. I just adjust my aim point, and deal with it. Otherwise, it has functioned flawlessly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts