Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed that in the 2012 catalog, the PT99 and PT101 are no longer listed?
I checked the spec sheet, and they are no longer there. :eek:

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
Hmmm? Website problem or is Taurus culling the herd again?

Those who want one, better buy now!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Has anyone noticed that in the 2012 catalog, the PT99 and PT101 are no longer listed?
I checked the spec sheet, and they are no longer there. :eek:
Nooooooooooo ! Say it ain't so!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
SURELY, they'll not discontinue the PT92 or the PT100!

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
This is terrible!

99 discontinued.JPG

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I guess if you want adjustible rear sights you'll have to get them aftermarket.

·
32,612 Posts
After looking at the 2012 catalog is it a wonder that the 99 and 101 got the axe?

The number of new pistol and revolver models is astounding! There's only so much Taurus can do. It does seem like they're trying to have something for everyone. Other gun producers are no different in that aspect.

·
Registered
14,037 Posts
The last couple of weeks I have noticed that some dealers have been listing the PT-101 and Pt99 for less than the mates without adjustable sites. I also read somewhere that more buyers lean towards keeping things simple, fixed sights don't get out of adjustment. And we all know that if there is a screw to be turned, a man it going to turn it, if for no reason other than to screw something up.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
My info is that the new CEO has cut the number of model lines in half and is clearing out the old inventory at close out prices, so if you are looking for one of the discontinued models I would say now is the time. I'm interested to see what deals are coming out of the SHOT show as this is usually where FFL dealers come back with the best deals, and not just from Taurus. Last year it was the PT-1911AL for $488 and the PT-92 AFS combat finish for $350, wonder what we'll see this year.

·
Registered
518 Posts
The Taurus 2011 Full Line e-catalog lists the PT99 SS on page 24. Not sure why unless the blued 99's are being phased out.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
The Taurus 2011 Full Line e-catalog lists the PT99 SS on page 24. Not sure why unless the blued 99's are being phased out.
But that is the 2011 Catalog.

·
10,379 Posts
The 2012 catalog I looked at today on the Taurus site still had the PT-92/PT-100 listed. I would have a hard time believing they'd eliminate one of their seemingly most popular lines.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I also noticed an absence of Ultralight Judges in the 2012 catalogue.

When I went into the pawn shop to order the Ultralight, I wanted a matte stainless. The clerk looked up their supplier's web page and told me the matte stainless Ultralights were discontinued, but he could get me a blued one.

Glad I got mine when I did.

·
Registered
36,587 Posts
The last couple of weeks I have noticed that some dealers have been listing the PT-101 and Pt99 for less than the mates without adjustable sites. I also read somewhere that more buyers lean towards keeping things simple, fixed sights don't get out of adjustment. And we all know that if there is a screw to be turned, a man it going to turn it, if for no reason other than to screw something up.
CDNN has the 100 and 101 on sale for i think its $379.00.?? if I remember right.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Jon, I agree, when I got my 92, I passed on the 99 even though it was only a few dollars more. Point, aim, shoot. Anything with a screw will either be adjusted or lost. Or both. K.I.S.S.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Jon, I agree, when I got my 92, I passed on the 99 even though it was only a few dollars more. Point, aim, shoot. Anything with a screw will either be adjusted or lost. Or both. K.I.S.S.
Agree I feel that unless you are a very serious competitor then adjustable sites on a hand gun are nothing you need.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts