Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Draeger's post in the Small of the Back thread got me thinking some. How many here carry a knife (or knives) whose primary or secondary purpose is defensive? Now, I'm not talking about some huge bowie knife, I'm talking about what you have either in your pocket or on your belt that if spotted, most won't think twice. Also, what knives have or have not worked for you?

For me, I carry a 3" Cold Steel Voyager and normally a Leatherman Wave (which allows easy access to the blades) but there's an old Super Tool filling in. I say normally as I need to send it in for warranty work due to working it too hard at times. ;D

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
One of my favorite all around, everyday use knives are Buck Crosslock knives. They make may variations on these knives to suit whatever your needs are. They come in 1 and 2 bladed models, straight balde, serrated, duo blade, gut hook, etc... They are rugged, affordable starting around $20.00 on up depending on where you get them (ebay is a nice spot). The blades are easy to sharpen, hold an edge well. I like the old styles the best...

old style:

new style:

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I always carry a knife with me. Just a little basic 2-inch blade claw hook automatic. If I'm in a CQC situation it's all I'm going to need to shred the jugular of some unlucky SOB. (No, I have not "shredded someones' jugular vein", but I have used it. ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That is a cute little critter you got there :) Always thought it was amusing how most people want a big-huge knife for protection when all you normally need is something like what you have there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I carry two knives with me at all times. Both are very small. One is a Spyderco and the other is a Buck. Both are 3" blades.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I carry a Winchester brand pocket knife that my little brother got me for christmas a few years back. Being a big fan of Gerber i was a bit dissappointed at first but it has been a great knife and wouldnt trade anything for it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Jeepinbash said:
I carry a Winchester brand pocket knife that my little brother got me for christmas a few years back. Being a big fan of Gerber i was a bit dissappointed at first but it has been a great knife and wouldnt trade anything for it.
I have a Gerber Gator and original Gerber multi-tool on my Tac vest. Love Gerber tools.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the link. Those prices don't look too bad and its easier to find stuff online. I hadn't come across that site before.

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I carry a little kershaw onion, I picked up at a gun show awhile back, what struck me was that knife was made in US! Some of kershaw's product line is made overseas, but most of their assisted opening ones are made here. I always have to look on the blade now because, buck, gerber, and even benchmade have some of their knives made in China. If it aint American, Japanese, or German, I tend to shy away from it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts