Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take a defense course but i'm pretty ignorant to what the criteria should be that the school offers. Also how much should I expect pay. I don't want to get ready for spec-ops, i'd just like to have a little better understanding of handgun combat. Last question does anyone know of a good course and it's location.

·
Registered
178 Posts
check out your local gun shop or range they should have info that will help you

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Contact your State Police agency. They keep lists of accredited training programs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks y'all, I'll ask the local resources.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Without knowing where you live it would be hard to recommend a place. If however, you happen to live in Oklahoma or anywhere within driving distance of Duncan, Ok, i can certainly recommend a school to you from personal experience. SMF Solutions in Duncan has a very good basic combat pistol course, among other courses. Two long time officers of the Duncan police give the course. Couple of really nice fellows who are very helpful with new shooters and old ones alike.

Check them out at: http://www.smf-solutions.com/

Classes are small usually from 10 to 12 students and they will give anyone who needs it a little extra help. The class i attended i did see improvement in all who attended that day, i know i certainly came away with a better understanding of combat shooting and improved scores.

Don't let the small charge they make scare you off, you will get your moneys worth from the course.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Yeah, locally, we have a couple, but only one that I considered. http://www.defensivehandguntraining.com/courses/handgun-tactics/
I was signed up for a course, June 22, but had to pull out due to health problems, where the Dr. was not sure I could handle it before August. I was so bummed out. It is 12 hr course, several trainers, teaching many facets of Handgun use. But he does like you to already be qualified for CCW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts