Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I'm holding out for more information as this is not adding up on a few issues.
Group of people robbed at 4am in the front yard? Why, who and what was going on in the "home owners" front yard?
I'm thinking these dead mask wearing "robbers" knew who and what was going on at 4am in this front yard. The "home owner" was not In his yard at the time but in the house. Who was in his yard and what were they doing? Selling drugs? Having a gang party? End of the nightly neighborhood drug deal meeting? Sorry, to many unknowns for me to be shocked or care. Play stupid games... I'm just not sure enough prizes were given out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Group of people robbed at 4am in the front yard? Why, who and what was going on in the "home owners" front yard?
I'm thinking these dead mask wearing "robbers" knew who and what was going on at 4am in this front yard.
Some of your same thoughts hit me right off the bat also. I consider myself an early riser which is between 5:00 -5:30 am. At 4:00 I'm still watching movies on the screen attached to the inside of my eyelids. Who knew so many people got up a good bit earlier and decided to meet in the front yard of a homeowner to have a party?

It did say the home owner was a truck driver so maybe he was getting ready to go pick up a haul. He was also a candidate running for office.

Maybe the three teenagers were solid "A" students walking to school early to talk about the future of Earth since it's going to end in 10 years from climate change. They just wanted to avoid the overwhelmingly loud chatter on the school bus.

·
Super Moderator
36,388 Posts
I'm thinking these dead mask wearing "robbers" knew who and what was going on at 4am in this front yard. The "home owner" was not In his yard at the time but in the house. Who was in his yard and what were they doing? Selling drugs? Having a gang party? End of the nightly neighborhood drug deal meeting? Sorry, to many unknowns for me to be shocked or care. Play stupid games... I'm just not sure enough prizes were given out.
Sounds like a drug deal gone bad and the homeowner intervened.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Or protecting his operation. Or protecting his kids who are bad or he and front yard friends were just victims. Nothing good happens in a front yard between 12-4am.

·
Registered
18,977 Posts
Regardless of the circumstances, the report says the kids shot at him first so they opened that door...:smile:...he just stuck his foot in it.

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
This happened in Conyers I do believe , which is in Dekalb County I think, that should explain a lot to anyone that is familiar with Dekalb County!
anyway from what i understand the homeowner has an elderly Mother that lives with him, he is indeed a Long haul trucker. the three robbers/ thiefs , thugs (come on lets call them what they are)
were 2 at 16 and one at 15, two were Brothers, so first why were they not at home?
second why were they in possession of firearms?
- third what genetics did they get their brains from?
as usual in such cases the entire family is grief stricken and in remorse and of course the thugs didn't deserve this, well YES, they did deserve this and its the parents (if there are any) that should be held accountable.
as for the homeowner and returning fire well, what was he suppose to do, OH I know be a Victim!
they showed his property and he did have several NO trespassing signs and they said trespassers may be shot!
maybe not to smart but then again the Thugs were pre warned weren't they?
This area has a lot of violence and I would bet money this was a few gang bangers trying to get street creds myself!
MY last point-- this is why WE have semi auto weapons and them high capacity clippy thangs, for multiple things that go BUMP in the night!
He should have called the Police, I am sure they could have got there and helped him out before anything bad happened!!

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
This happened in Conyers I do believe , which is in Dekalb County I think, that should explain a lot to anyone that is familiar with Dekalb County!
anyway from what i understand the homeowner has an elderly Mother that lives with him, he is indeed a Long haul trucker. the three robbers/ thiefs , thugs (come on lets call them what they are)
were 2 at 16 and one at 15, two were Brothers, so first why were they not at home?
second why were they in possession of firearms?
- third what genetics did they get their brains from?
as usual in such cases the entire family is grief stricken and in remorse and of course the thugs didn't deserve this, well YES, they did deserve this and its the parents (if there are any) that should be held accountable.
as for the homeowner and returning fire well, what was he suppose to do, OH I know be a Victim!
they showed his property and he did have several NO trespassing signs and they said trespassers may be shot!
maybe not to smart but then again the Thugs were pre warned weren't they?
This area has a lot of violence and I would bet money this was a few gang bangers trying to get street creds myself!
MY last point-- this is why WE have semi auto weapons and them high capacity clippy thangs, for multiple things that go BUMP in the night!
He should have called the Police, I am sure they could have got there and helped him out before anything bad happened!!
Well, first year criminal law would tell you that trespassing does not warrant response with deadly force.
"Trespassers will be shot" shows intent and premeditation.

I see this guy going down for first degree murder. We'll see how liberal the Atlanta prosecutors are.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Well, first year criminal law would tell you that trespassing does not warrant response with deadly force.

I see this guy going down for first degree murder. We'll see how liberal the Atlanta prosecutors are.
What the problem is? The sign said shot. Nothing about shot with what or doing bodily harm.

·
Premium Member
4,523 Posts
What the problem is? The sign said shot. Nothing about shot with what or doing bodily harm.
True. If they can say they were on their way to the college admissions desk, he can certainly say he was going to invite them in for a miniature glass of whiskey!

·
Registered
3,962 Posts

While I always advise people not to put up signs like that, even jokingly, I find it ironic that at one section of my local AF base there is a no trespassing sign and also the words "Deadly force is authorized." :rolleyes:

·
Registered
36,452 Posts

TRUE, but being three against one and pointing a gun at someone while wearing a mask sure does.
I mean come on now Halloween ain't here for several more weeks!

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Registered
36,452 Posts
Good questions all, but keep an open mind. I'm often on my front or back porch at 4am or so cause I wake up early.

I do as well, but not because of sleep.
I like to sit naked in the dark and this doesn't seem to upset my neighbors!

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Really? No one is up at that hour?

I start work between 3 and 4 am. This means I am up between 1-2 am each work night.

On days I do not work, sleeping in is generally sleeping until 3 or so and sometimes as late as 5 am.

I love to sit on my front porch and watch the sun rise.

I would not appreciate miscreants interrupting that.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts