Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have some Taurus PT92/99 magazines which I bought a few years ago and put in storage. Took them out of storage recently and noticed for the first time the push button for removing the floor plate is defective/deformed. I sent the mags to Taurus for exchange but was hold they would not be exchanged because the one-year warranty had expired. The issue, in my view, is a production problem which should have been caught in quality control checks and therefore the right thing for Taurus to do is exchange them. Any suggestions on what I should do next?

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
I wish you had taken some pictures to compare them to some of the mags floating around the group. I know my 92 mags were a real pain to get apart yesterday with all the baked in preservative on the floor plates. Had to use a nail set in the hole and pry them off with a flathead screwdriver because it was caked hard into the grooves.

Looking in another thread, it appears MecGar makes some good 20 round mags for the 92. Check on the legallity of owning such magazines in your area, but if you can get them now, buy them while they last.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts