Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I know this is a Taurus forum. I haven't seen allot of discussion on the PT140s. I have a PT111 and like it. No problems. I am now considering purchasing a .40 cal. Not a 45. My two choices are the PT140 and the S&W 40VE. The S&W seems to be a bit less expensive with the added rail and some trigger mods. The PT140 is the upgraded verson of my PT111. Anyone want to chime in? :confused:

I've been over to the Smith and Wesson forum and the biggest issue from the 40VE and the M&P 40 discussions is trigger pull, accessories, cost, adjustable sights, resale and competition.

Seems Taurus has a few recent competition shooting awards that S&W overlooks. :cool:...EVERYONE talks in *Glock* comparisions. I've looked at Glock and decided it isn't for me (aside from cost).

I've also learned that .40 ammo is *slightly* easier to find.

My objective is CC, HD and general use and winning the March forum shootout....LOL! For 9mm.

·
Registered
30,024 Posts
In my neck of the woods there isn't $20 difference in price between the two at Academy Sports.

With price being that close, I'd pick which ever fit my hand the BEST.

"Hand Fit" goes a long way in the overall performance of a gun. :thumb:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moondawg - I think at the local Academy the SW/VE is $319 and the PT140 is $379....I'll recheck tomorrow. The SW M&P 40 is nearing $450ish.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
In my neck of the woods there isn't $20 difference in price between the two at Academy Sports.

With price being that close, I'd pick which ever fit my hand the BEST.

"Hand Fit" goes a long way in the overall performance of a gun. :thumb:

Amen!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. As I did before purchasing my PT111, I do the research. Moondawg, you're right. If it don't fit, what good is it? I held the S&W SV40VE at Academy. Solid little pistol $319.00. It wasn't right for my hand. Held the PT140, just like my PT111. Good fit. $349.00...They did not have (again) 9mm ammo but they did have 40mm and so did Texas Outdoors. I like my PT111 Pro. I think I've said that but 9mm ammo is rarer than hen's teeth. 40 seems to be on the shelves more. Not much more but more. So, long story, short version - PT140 Pro looks like a winner and next on the list.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
As with others I have a favorite .40 mine is Steyr I like the fit to my hand s well as that trapazoid sight...But agaoin that is me....My .45 is a PT1911 ss ar becoming my fast and everyday carry is my PT111...If I feel the need for a heavier caliber .40 Steyr fills the desire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.