Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to purchase a 145 for ccw. My dealer is supplied through Davidson so there is the whole replacement guarantee. Looks like a win win to me. I am looking forward to getting it. I have a S&W Sigma 40 now. Looking for something smaller to carry. I am looking forward to learning a lot at this forum.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I like your choice but I'm a little biased since that's just what I carry. Love the little PT-145, big bullets, lots of them,light weight and low cost. I just couldn't find all of those things in any other gun. Some came close, some were just a little bigger, a little heavyer an most cost more.

I got the PT-111 as a backup, just in case, but I LOVE the PT-145. ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
You'd better put it through it's paces first before deciding to carry. These pistols have a tendency to "light strike" drop mags and rack the slide automatically.

Be sure it performs flawlessly before you trust your life with it.

Not all of them perform less than 100% but I've seen lots and lots with the above mentioned issues.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good choice, as with any firearm make sure you shoot it before you carry it.

I put another 100 rounds thru mine today totalling around 2000 rounds since I bought it new, its a 3rd gen pt 145 pro.
I carry it every day Im not at work and have not had a single issue with it. My girlfriend occasionally gets a drop mag becuase when she shoots it she is releasing the mag due to the recoil and her grip. Have not had any other issues, no missfires or anything.

Hope you get a good one. I have full confidence in my weapon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay I changed my mind. I put a 140 on layaway this morning. I can't wait to take possession.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
stephpd said:
Love the little PT-145, big bullets, lots of them,light weight and low cost. I just couldn't find all of those things in any other gun.
I bought my PT145 for those same, exact reasons. :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
The PT145 Pro is a good conceal carry weapon. 10 +1 rounds and fairly light weight... small in stature, but the grip is just large enough for the hand. Plus, it's a .45 so it has stopping power in case it has to be used. It is what I will carry as soon as my CCW comes in. It's a beautiful weapon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts