Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked about wanting a Canik TP9SFX so I called my local enabler and he had it for me in three days. Took it to the range yesterday and ran 160 rounds through it, had two FTF's both of them were shooting 1 handed, probably limp wristing. The longer I shot it the more I liked it. I shot it at 7, 10 and 25 yards fast and slow am really liking this gun might be my new IDPA gun except if I use it for that I can't put a reflex red dot on it as I was planing on doing. CANiK TP9 SFx.jpg

·
Super Moderator
37,221 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol! I guess that you'll just have to buy another, eh? ;)

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Very nice guns, glad you like it.

You'll have no problem with that red dot out to 100 yards or more. Very accurate.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I think you made the right decision!

Agreed, you'll just have to buy another one with 3 dots sights on it. You can use the reflex in, maybe USPSA but definitely in US Steel challenge!

·
8,880 Posts
Dang no fair - you beat me to the post punch. I picked one up yesterday at Cabelas for $499. Very nice looking pistola. I ran 120 rounds through mine today - no fails and may be Glock accurate,,need to run a few hundred more through it to be sure.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Nice looking tool you have there.

·
8,880 Posts
Is that good, or bad?
Good. I am judging most pistols accuracy against my new Glock 19 Gen 5. For years I was a Glock basher, but now am convinced the G19 is one of the best compacts available.

Reactions: Bellows1

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I had a Canik CZ clone that I couldn't shoot at all. Texheim shot it and hit the target just fine. Sold it and bought another Glock.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Good. I am judging most pistols accuracy against my new Glock 19 Gen 5. For years I was a Glock basher, but now am convinced the G19 is one of the best compacts available.
I haven't shot the gen 5, but I wouldn't use any of my Glocks as the standard of accuracy.

But I agree, the 19 (Glocks in general) are probably the best, simple designed hangun... other than the grip. :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Made a discovery this afternoon, took another short trip to the range with the Canik and the PT111G2 and a couple other handguns. While reloading mags I noticed that the g2 and canik mags look alike except for the length of the Canik being a lot longer, I tried the canik mag in the g2 and it worked so I ran off 20 rounds and slide stayed open like it is supposed too. Guess I now have a 20+1 G2. lol

·
Administrator
18,179 Posts
I talked about wanting a Canik TP9SFX so I called my local enabler and he had it for me in three days. Took it to the range yesterday and ran 160 rounds through it, had two FTF's both of them were shooting 1 handed, probably limp wristing. The longer I shot it the more I liked it. I shot it at 7, 10 and 25 yards fast and slow am really liking this gun might be my new IDPA gun except if I use it for that I can't put a reflex red dot on it as I was planing on doing.
Congratulations on your new Canik TP9SFX and may it serve you well! :cool: :smile:

For an IDPA Pistol however, I would recommend either a Canik TP9SF or TP9DA, which are more true carry Pistols.
I've been carrying and shooting my original Canik TP9 for some three years now and have been very very happy with it! :smile:

Canik55 TP-9 with Pachmayr Tactical Grip Glove specified for the S&W M&P. While I like the stock TP-9 Grip, the Pachmayr Grip Glove enhances it a bit.
The original Canik 55 TP-9 is modeled after the Walther P99 AS.

I had a Canik CZ clone that I couldn't shoot at all. Texheim shot it and hit the target just fine. Sold it and bought another Glock.
Could be that the Cz75 style Pistol ergonomics just don't suit you.
I'm the same way with Browning Hi Powers. Something about them just does not fit me, but give me something else like a Walther P38 and life is great!

My Canik/TriStar T120, an Aluminum Framed Copy of the Cz75 SP01, has been excellent, so far.
It's become one of my favorite IPSC Limited Class Match Pistols.

50 foot Accuracy of a Tristar/Canik T120 with Federal Champion Aluminum cased ammuntion

1 - 13 of 13 Posts