Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For my brother. He texted me this am saying a smith and Wesson with 3 mags, holster, ammo, for $300? I asked what kind, he said not sure yet. I said if it's a sd9ve should be good. Send me a pic. He sent a pic of a M&P9. The story goes, he installed an upgraded alarm for a guy. He asked my brother if he would put his old system in for his neighbor, so they could have a siren on the house. So for $50 and probably an hour of time, he said sure. The guy's sister or daughter has a gun she needs to get rid of. She apparently was a vault guard at our local Wells Fargo service center and just laid off. I told him to check if she had a permit or current voter card at least. Luckily she is DCJS certified, so on his BOS, there is each of their DCJS number. She only bought the gun for work and didn't want it any more. So he brings it by my house.

He stole a full size M&P9, only shot enough to qualify with, a Blackhawk serpa holster, 3 mags loaded with Golden Sabers, a leather mag pouch, a Uncle Mikes Duty belt, a Hoppes cleaning kit, and a half box of FMJ and he was out of pocket $250.

The lady never cleaned it, so he left it with me to clean up. As I was scrubbing I noticed it has night sights as well. She didn't mention those, and said lady told him she had $600 into it, which I would agree with.

So my brother bought his first gun and got a smoking deal. I can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
24,598 Posts
That is a smokin deal.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,938 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Gotta love that!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
What a deal!

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
CDNN had a similar deal for M&P40 police tradeins, night sights, retention holster, tactical pen, other junk, $299
Got the email a few days ago

Not as many extras and it's the 40cal stepchild lots of people don't like, but it's an option for those who don't have deals fall into their hands.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
My brother has a way of finding deals like that too.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
That is awesome! Some folks seem to be carrying horse shoes all the time! Let us know how it shoots! :)

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
He should sell it to you for $100.00 and take the loss..;)

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would buy it for $350 if I needed another right now. It's his first gun so he deserves it. He's been shooting with me a few times but will need to basically learn everything. I may have to take it shooting before he gets to so I can "evaluate it" for him.

·
Super Moderator
13,819 Posts
Wow. You're willing to evaluate it for him, at no charge? What a guy! When you do, remember to provide a range report for us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts