Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought one of the DeSantis Sof Tuck holsters? I got one for my 327 and am really having a hard time getting used to it .~~RR~~

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've got one for my PT1911. I thought it was pretty decend for the price. Is this your first IWB holster?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I had one for a short time (2 days), sent it back. It was too thick and the stiffness is both too stiff and not stiff enough to make it both comfortable and reholstering easy. You have to be a contortionist to get the belt clip fastened in the 4 o:clock position.
After a couple of tries with IWB holsters in the last month for different guns, one was a Supertuck type that was a massive piece of leather I'm sure I would never get accustomed to. I've decided to go the OWB route. I have since ordered a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake for my 85 which should be shipping in a week or so. I also ordered the inside out straps for it in case I ever want to give IWB a second chance.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No jthis is not my first IWB holster i have probably 5 -6 ,this is the first tuck type. I've been using a Don Hume with 2 leather straps on the belt with pretty good results with the same revoolver, and a generic brand with my 745 that I can carry all day and not know it's there. As stated putting this thing on is a circus ,keeping the keeper hook on the belt is a 50/50 deal and seems to really set that it digs into my body,. been expeirementing with different location and cants and so far i'm not sure it and I are gonna be able to be friends ~~~RR~~

·
Registered
26 Posts
I took the leather rim off of both of mine and I find them pretty comfortable. My favorite iwb is still the Remora. If you think you can't wear an iwb, you owe it to yourself to try one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This little Don Hume made to a S&W J frame work pretty well
. alot mot comfortale thatn the sof-tuk the cyl flute are made for thr 5 shot so minor shaping made it snuggle up to my 327 very well .I though the sof tuk would be nice for the tuk feature nad the adjustable cant mbut so fat the thing wants to lean out wards too much making the end o fthe bll. dig into my body and the J hook don't really seem to want to stay secure on the belt ~~RR~~

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the sof-tuk for a small frame 605. The only place its comfortable is at the 1:30 position on either side. It took me about a week to brake it in. It does get more comfortable with the small frame as it breaks. But for the 327 I can't say. Some others on this forum swear on the Desantis cozy partner, but I don't own one so can't offer opinion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Some others on this forum swear on the Desantis cozy partner, but I don't own one so can't offer opinion.
I have the cozy partner for my M327. I forget it's even there... super comfortable at 3:30 - 4:00 on me. Can't tuck your shirt in with it though.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
While I have the DeSantis® Sof-Tuck™ I use it just like all of my other IWB holsters and carry at the 4:00-4:30 position. I do not use the "tuck feature". I WILL NOT use it for appendix carry, as I don't want the weapon pointing to my femoral artery (Rule# 2). I am satisfied with the holster.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Badge: how do you prevent the 4:30 position from jabbing into your back or butt when sitting in car or chair? Even when canting it, I can't get it to feel comfortable. Please enlighten those like me who do not know rule #2. Do you mean rule #1 of the NRA safety rules?:
1. Always Keep The Muzzle Pointed In A Safe Direction 2. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually In Use 3. Don't Rely On Your Gun's "Safety"...

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Badge: how do you prevent the 4:30 position from jabbing into your back or butt when sitting in car or chair? Even when canting it, I can't get it to feel comfortable. Please enlighten those like me who do not know rule #2. Do you mean rule #1 of theNRA safety rules?:
1. Always Keep The Muzzle Pointed In A Safe Direction 2. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually In Use 3. Don't Rely On Your Gun's "Safety"...
No, "THE RULES" from Col Cooper..........
1. All Firearms are always loaded!
2. Never point your firearm at anything you do not want to kill/destroy.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target.
4. Be sure of your target and what lies beyond it.

I carry IWB right over my kidney. Carrying my 605 or 85 is very comfortable BECAUSE I USE A DESANTIS® COZY PARTNER™ HOLSTER. See below..........

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thank you Badge. you are truly a wealth of information. I guess I'll have to invest in one of those holsters and give it a try.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have a Sof-Tuck for my 709 and I've never cared for it. I could sell it, but I should just put it up on the pay it forward thread... I LOVE my Theis holsters for my 709 and 809, however. I never thought I'd like the "big and bulky" piece of leather wrapped around me, but I do and it's the most comfortable way I've found to carry after trying the Sof-Tuck and Uncle Mike's and Ace Case IWB types of holsters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts