Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the 106 holster for my 709, It has 106 D6 on the back, it's to small, doesn't ever cover the trigger. I bought this from Midway and the site shows it fits the 709, Kahr's, Keltec's. The number on the De Santis package is 106NAD6Z0. Have I gotten the wrong one?

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
I have the DeSantis 106D6 for my PT709 and it works.

I suggest the following: Force the (unloaded) pistol into the holster. I actually put the bottom of my holster on the floor and used my weight to do the pushing. Just have to get the trigger past the lip to make it safe - not the entire trigger guard.
Then leave it for a day or two, giving the leather time to stretch and form.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I just purchased the 106 holster for my 709, It has 106 D6 on the back, it's to small, doesn't ever cover the trigger.

...Have I gotten the wrong one?
I don't know; but you could try Lance0812's suggestion. If that doesn't work, I definitely would NOT carry the pistol in that holster if the trigger is not covered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some more checking, I have the wrong holster, Midway USA is sending me the right one. Other places I checked showed I had the right one, when I checked with DeSantis they said I have the wrong one, they think that it was miss labeled and would check it out.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I have a DeSantis for my PT-809 (actually took my gun into Cabela's and they fitted it). Ended up with the holster made for an XD40. It was a bit tight at first, but the instructions with the holster said to wrap your (unloaded) pistol in a THIN dress sock and force it into the holster, then keep it there 24 hours or so. Now, my 809 fits like it was made for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts