Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked in the manual but didn't find anything on de-cocking the 24/7. Is it possible? If so, how?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Best way I know of to decock the 24/7 is to remove the magazine, point the pistol at the floor and pull the trigger. Regardless of it going click or bang, it is now fully "decocked".

;)

yeah, I know I am an horses arse hehehe

·
Registered
579 Posts
Draeger, Are you willing to let him try that at your house ??? :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
muttmutt said:
Draeger, Are you willing to let him try that at your house ??? :D

Yup, whats one more hole in the floor ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could care less if there's a de-cocking feature or not...I'd read about it and was wondering if the 24/7 had that feature or not.

·
Registered
663 Posts
VA Caver said:
I could care less if there's a de-cocking feature or not...I'd read about it and was wondering if the 24/7 had that feature or not.
They have triple safety instead.

JimL

·
Registered
76 Posts
The 24/7 OSS has a decocker/safety. Though I don't know for sure, I would surmise that it is cocked (or whatever the proper term may be) the same as the 24/7 and Millenniums are for SA/DA and can be decocked with the decocker/safety, and would go to DA mode as it would for light primer strikes, misfires, etc. It think the decocker/safety is much like the ones on the PT92.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
The following list of guns show a decocking in their manuals.

(PT58 S-D, PT92 C-D, PT92 AF-D, PT99 AF-D, PT908, PT100 AF-D, PT101
AF-D, PT911, PT938, PT940, PT945 and PT957)

These do not have the decocking function

PT 24/7, PT111, PT111TI, PT132, PT138,
PT14O, PT145 & PT745

Those of us that own those knew it already, but your earlier statement made me curious to check.

·
Registered
37 Posts
it can, in a round about way, be decocked. however, you'll lose the round if it's already loaded.

if you pull the slide back, and then pull the trigger, then carefully close the slide, the sear won't catch the firing pin and viola, it's in 'decocked' DA mode. and because the firing pin spring isn't under any compression, it should be safe.

if there's a round in, obviously it'll get ejected. but if you load a fresh mag, and want it to be DA first shot, there's your short cut.

i do that all the time when i put it all back together unloaded. i pull the slide back, pull the trigger, and close the slide. then i put the loaded mag in. nothing is under any compression, and once i rack the slide, a live round goes in and it's in SA mode.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's also possible to "decock" the weapon by pulling the slide back about 1/4" until the barrel drops, then pulling the trigger, and gently releasing the slide. It works smoothly unloaded, but with a round in the chamber there's more resistance.

I've tried this at the range with no problems, however I'd be VERY skeptical to try this for normal usage. I don't know what safety features are being bypassed if the gun is carried in DA mode with a round in the chamber.

·
Registered
37 Posts
that's a good concern, but you won't be bypassing any safety features. the trigger will still lock if you slide the safety up, and the firing pin safety is still down preventing an impact induced AD.

·
Registered
70 Posts
A decocker only works with a hammer struck firing pin. Thats why the 24/7 series or any other striker fired weapon don't have decockers.

·
Administrator
17,586 Posts
The 24/7 OSS will have a decocker, which is activated by pushing the manual Safety Lever up just past the safe position. The OSS's Safety Lever then returns to the "Safe" position.

The regular 24/7 Pro is designed to be carried "Cocked & Locked" or "Chamber Empty". Choose whichever is comfortable for yourselves.

·
Registered
81 Posts
DRAEGER said:
Best way I know of to decock the 24/7 is to remove the magazine, point the pistol at the floor and pull the trigger. Regardless of it going click or bang, it is now fully "decocked".

;)

yeah, I know I am an horses arse hehehe
Gee, I dunno. If there WAS a round in the chamber and you'd removed the magazine and fired, wouldn't the gun cycle and thus still be cocked, just not on a live round?

Just to be safe, you better pull the trigger twice :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts