Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's been about 15 days since I turned in my CC app. It's beginning to feel like months now. :(:eek::rolleyes:

Thought I'd add, under Virginia law, the local circuit court has no more than 45 days to issue or reject. Except if the local circuit court fails to complete the permit process within 45 days, then a copy of the application has to be sent to the applicant. This copy then acts as a provisional CC permit until such time as the permanent permit is issued.

Also, the max charge is $50.00.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
It's been about 15 days since I turned in my CC app. It's beginning to feel like months now. :(:eek::rolleyes:
I understand but try and think of others who have to wait literally months to get theirs.

Did that help at all? Probably not. :)

·
Super Moderator
13,941 Posts
I understand but try and think of others who have to wait literally months to get theirs.
Can you say, "87 days"? That's out of state-mandated 90 days max.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I'm at 1 month 6 days and it's driving me insane! That and getting my 809 back from duracoating.

Reactions: VILLAGE

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I thought you were Spock trying to relay a message to us. :)

Seriously, good luck on your wait! It will be worth it.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
154 Posts
I live in a rural county of NY, so I got lucky when mine came back in 3 months. There are some counties that have taken 2 years. No, I'm not kidding or exaggerating.

Further, some counties take 13-18 months to issue a Target Only permit and you can't qualify for a CC permit for 5 years after you've received your Target permit.

NY is a train wreck.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Minnesota.

Less than 2 weeks. No fingerprints no funny biz.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Michigan, two weeks after my cpl course local PD called,come pick up your cpl Mr.******* after a $100.00 nra course and $105.00 in state fees and prints,good for 5 years.I have read some people in other counties have waited up to 2 months as the permit is not granted by state but by county.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Patience Grasshoppers! ;)

Reactions: VILLAGE

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am also in VA and it took exactly one month to get mine. I too felt the same way, always checking the mailbox to see if it was there!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Ok. To the OP - Patience. In the meantime I suggest looking at guns online and making a wishlist. Then go to local stores and look at the guns on your wishlist. :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
SC is 90 days, period!
I applied on Jan 28th...
$50 for 3 years, not including the course.
Waiting, when it arrives it arrives, no use to fret over it.
Fatboy

·
Registered
25 Posts
90 day max in Colorado, every county varies. My county called to say I was approved in 60 days, had to schedule an appointment to get picture taken, that took another 3 weeks. So next Thursday is id picture day! which takes it to one week less than maximum. I understand some counties use the 90 day limit for approval, then tack on another month for picture...

·
Registered
428 Posts
I remember playing the waiting game, brutal, but in the end it was and is so worth it.........hang on gang, go to a shooting range and kill some dirt!!!
Always helps me when i need to relax....bad dirt bad!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts