Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
How did she do shooting wise? Glad you got her to the range, my 21 year old daughter love going to the range as well.

Reactions: vaskeet

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
What an awesome dad you are-teaching her a life skill Keep up the good work, and by the way Shelby is absolutely lovely​!

Reactions: vaskeet and leejack

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Dads and daughters rock!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
My daughter is almost 2. I can't wait till I can take her to the range...daydreaming about that day, LOL!

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
My daughter is almost 2. I can't wait till I can take her to the range...daydreaming about that day, LOL!
Almost 2, what are you waiting for? :D My kids all started at different ages based off their maturity. I have an 8 year old that is just not ready, nothing against him, he is just not there. Soon I will be supporting the habit for all 4 of them.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
nice post and keep her shooting

jhp

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Strong work. How many Dad's can say they spend quality time with their 20 year old daughter? Good job!

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Strong work. How many Dad's can say they spend quality time with their 20 year old daughter? Good job!
Yes Shelby and I go about 2 times a month and make a day of it. We do the range for about 3 hours then we go somewhere and eat (she even pays for the food sometimes never the ammo). She is in college and studying DR of Phar. She is very conservitive and loves history. She wants her ccl for her 21st birthday and will probably get the sr9c from me and I will go back to carrying a 1911 officers size. my 12 year old hates the range the 9 loves it but I am just starting her out shooting. Tomorrow we are going and taking a sister-in-law for her 1st time shooting. Will update that range trip. The range we shoot at is the outer banks gun club www.obxgc.org it runs $50 a year and we have over 1800 members. Any of you that get to the NC outer banks give me a shout.

Reactions: aphdmansoc

·
Registered
24,850 Posts
Good on ya Dad.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well done OP.

I taught my daughter to shoot when she was 14. She is now 43.
Time to get her shooting again since she loves it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
There is one girl that will be able to take care of herself. I cant wait till mine (who is 7) is ready for the range. She wants to learn to hunt but im not sure she is mature enough yet.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is one girl that will be able to take care of herself. I cant wait till mine (who is 7) is ready for the range. She wants to learn to hunt but im not sure she is mature enough yet.

When we built our house she was around 12 or 13 and we finnished the upstairs ourselfs we were doing drywall (hanging and sanding) in what was to be her bedroom and she asked me why she had to help. I told her she didn't but if she didn't help she could keep the small bedroom downstairs instead of the 600+ square foot bedroom upstairs. She shut up and kept working. Later that year she went on a World Changers missionary trip rebuilding houses in WV and she told them she knew how to hang and finish drywall. The leaders told her good now we will teach you to roof. She has been a good kid she completed her Girl Scout Gold award (Eagle Scout)

Reactions: aphdmansoc
1 - 20 of 20 Posts