Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you read the date stamp in the 24/7 Pro .45 dust cover? There are inner and outer numbers, but I don't know which is year and which is month.

Thanks a million
JimL

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Have you tried the model search on the Taurus website? Sometimes it doesn't return any info and you then have to call Taurus and request model info. Older models do not always have much info.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>>Have you tried the model search on the Taurus website? Sometimes it doesn't return any info and you then have to call Taurus and request model info. Older models do not always have much info.

Oh yes, I tried the model lookup first thing off. Doesn't work. The Service Response Link doesn't work either. It won't be in service until 6 MONTHS AGO!! according to the note on the web page.

I called customer service and eventually got someone. (If they can't answer long distance calls they should put in an 800 number.) It appears that the date stamp shows the year in the outer ring of numbers and the month in the middle.

Thanks a million

JimL

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
I don't know about a date stamp in the 24/7 dust cover but here is what my dealer told me, and seems to be right. In the serial number, the letters, 1st denotes caliber (N .45, T 9mm), the second letter is the year of manufacture. In the millennium series 2001=U, 2002=V etc. thru 2006, which is Z. A begins for 2007.

The 3rd letter denotes month of manufacture. L being December 2006 and M being January 2007 then N being February 2007.

Therefore my PT145 serial number beginning NAN is .45 cal. Manufactured 2007 in February.

Good and confused now? :drool:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>In the serial number, the letters, 1st denotes caliber (N .45, T 9mm), the second letter is the year of manufacture. In the millennium series 2001=U, 2002=V etc. thru 2006, which is Z. A begins for 2007.

The 3rd letter denotes month of manufacture. L being December 2006 and M being January 2007 then N being February 2007.

confused?

----------------

You specify dates for Millenniums. Apparently different series aren't necessarily done the same. Taurus said my NZL was made Jan 31, 2007. The arrow in the date stamp points at 7.

JimL

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Why must things be so hard...? I agree that Taurus still needs to do some more work as far as contacting customer service. 800's numbers and an email address would be a HUGE plus in my mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts