Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give a date of manufacture of the Total Titanium with the Spectrum blue finish?
I pick one up in 45 Colt and am curious.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I think what you have is a Model 450T. 5 shot with a 2 inch ported barrel?

I can't give you an exact year because the spectrum blue (both bright and matte) was offered each year of manufacture. I do know the gun was offered for a relatively short time, only being made from late 1999 through 2002.

Hope this helps...

Don

·
Registered
29,971 Posts
You can get it off the Taurus company's official website, or call their customer service and give them the serial number and they will date it for you...:icon_ lala:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas, I had only seen the bright spectrum blue and what looked like matte silver. I tried putting in the serial # at Taurus but it didn't recognize it. I think I will give them a call. A lot of these short run revolvers may be real collectable for my grand children. Plus it's fun finding them. It would be nice to have a collectors corner on here. Again thanks for your help and knowledge.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
It was offered in 5 different colors... The bright spectrum blue and the matte spectrum blue were offered through the entire time the gun was produced. The shadow gray and the stealth gray were added during 2000 and continued to be offered until production stopped in 2002.

The rarest color was matte gold and it was only offered during the first production run in 1999. When and if Taurus firearms become collectors items the matte gold will be near the top of the list.

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts