Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Dangit my first Taurus failure!!!

913 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bugsy714 
#1 ·
Went Shooting with Sekol and her wonderful Husband today at the indoor range.
Told Sekol I would bring my wife's Spectrum with me for her to try and also brought the
24/7 OSS Tactical .40 with me to try it out, grabbed a box of .380 ammo and out the door I went.
Got there and loaded up the Spectrum for Sekol, she shot it and commented on it being accurate
for a small gun, then loaded up for her husband and the issues started, would not feed or eject very well!!!
I loaded up the extended mag again and went through all rounds without any issue? Loaded it again and had a
fired case stuck in the barrel. I thought"how does a gun run perfectly well until now" and then looked at the box
of ammo I had grabbed. stuff I had bought 4 or 5 years ago from a friend who reloads, and after roughly 30 rounds
the gun is filthy! My moral for this story is don't run suspect ammo through your gun, got a lot of cleaning too do now................
Oh, the OSS ran like a top, not a problem except for one of the mags has a weak spring that would make the first round nose dive,
the other mag and gun ran perfect, it is a keeper!!!!;)

See less See more
#2 ·
OK, Being nosey, who's visiting whom?
I do enjoy getting together with other members. Right now Cz and I are able to get together and enjoy a few Shots, though I don't believe either of us drink.

I suppose you should feel fortunate that all those rounds fired with no Booms or clanks, stuck in the barrel. I am not resistant to firing others reloads but I am picky on who's they are.

#3 ·
Sekol and her Husband live in Rapid City now!
And the reloads were from a local reloader who I trust, and does it as a side business..............
But these have been sitting in my ammo stash for a while, and the Spectrum has had no failures
with any new manufactured ammo....................

Reactions: kmw1954 and darbo
#5 ·
Sekol and her Husband live in Rapid City now!...................
Are they missing the crab cakes yet? Brother is outside Balt. and I have a nasty reaction to crab meat so when we go out there I get left out..

CZ and I get together on occasion and I have no qualms about shooting his hand loads. In his guns of course. Just as he has shoot many of mine.

#6 ·
and the moral of the story is...start reloading! That way you can tailor the rounds for your gun :p

#8 ·
After about 30 rounds it was pretty filthy.................
John thought the case rims might be a little too thin, they expanded a lot causing them to get stuck...............

#9 ·
So the extractor hook slipped off and left the case in the chamber.

Reactions: loudviking
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.