Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course being the rather near sighted dude I be, I would have never noticed it but....

My new Sig's mag release seemed to stick slightly and I decided to switch it to the other side (short fingers).

Well having made the mistake before I disassembled it in a gal zip lock bag. No problems right?

Wrong. Slowly sliding it out and as suspected the magazine catch stop and spring come screaming out of it and bounce around the bag. I smirk to myself, patting myself on the back, congratulating myself for the bag. Then I hear a soft sound of parts hitting carpet.

Sure enough both parts were AWOL. So I dispatched the SP's. Crawling around on our carpet got the spring and the realization that the carpet is nasty! No wonder the wife wants it gone. Still sort of surprised I found the smallest piece and not the other one tho.

Of course the LGS is closed even tho the sign on the door and web site state until 3PM today. Heck I'll vac it and see if I come up with it. A stinking $4 part.

Sarge

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Steal an old pair of your wife's pantyhose and tape over the nozzle of the attachment hose. You'll find it without sucking it up in the vacuum.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She doesn't wear panty hose tho.

No luck altho I did find a few other unknown small springs. Now I wonder what I lost those out of!

Sarge

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
If the missing parts a ferrous, a strong magnet can work wonders. You probably have several around the house, often attached to something. You are in your own home, so don't be embarrassed to use a good refrigerator magnet on the rug. My favorite is one of the cheap 6" magnetic parts bowls, because they have a strong magnet in the base.

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the magnet deal, came up with it on my own (ok, ok the wife suggested it) with no joy. I just carefully went over my blankets (the spring never made it off the bed) also with no joy.

Hey evidently when I screw up I do it right. *grin*

Sarge

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Oh my, we've been in your shoes before - but not as lucky as you! I bought those big 2 gallon bags just for the next time we have to tear a pistol down!

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Just quit looking for it then it will show up.

at least that's what happens to me! :D:D:D

Reactions: loudviking

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Got a friend who uses a flexible magnetic car sign as a work mat.

Know the ones I am talking about?

flat, about 1/8" thick , darkish brown or black. His is about 22" X 30" and he cut it to fit his work desk.

Reactions: Wolf1477 and Sarge
1 - 8 of 8 Posts