Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been looking for a knock around gun ..I called one of my buddies at a LGS ..and he said for me to come down after work he had something to show me....When I got there he handed me a 4inch barreled DW Model 14 (fixed sights) looked great...tight lock up ..great trigger..but had a Parkerized finish ...the LGS owner told me he has had it for a while and a fellow put it in layaway ..and wasn't able to get it out....(over a year) ...asked me if I'd be interested..well we went back a forth but finally came up with a very fair price ..I'm picking it up Friday...

·
22,058 Posts
Your going to find the Dan Wesson is a cut above a knock around gun.

I have owned 2, a .357 CTG and I currently own the 8" .44 Magnum. The DW action
is superior to other revolvers in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I owned a couple of DW in the past a M 14 and a M 15...but had to sell them (and other guns) to help pay Doctor and Hospital bills

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It appears that you've scored "big time", Buckeye! :icon_ peace:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have a Dan Wesson pistol pack the 15VH. The trigger is slick and that thing is dead on accurate. You will like it. And Friday when you pick it up don't forget :worthless:so post em as soon as you get em.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your new DW revolver, I've never had the pleasure of owning one but like many others, have heard great things about them.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I owned a 8 inch DW in 357 Maximum that I shot steel silhouette with. Great gun for pigs too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Definitely one of the guns I'll never part with! The ones marked Monson, Mass. are considered to be the best of the production models. They have become collectable lately and bring a good price. Good choice!

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Monson Mass. thats whats on mine...lucky me..I'd say mine isn't as collectable as most being its Parkerized..but thats fine by me....its mine...and I like it ..

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Great revolver!! Shoot it and shoot it some more until you realize that heck yeah-there are great revolvers out there-and now you own one!:)From one DW lover to another!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

Here it is ...grips are awful ..I have another set around here somewhere...trigger is crisp....

The finish is parkerized..I sorta like it, Its alot like on my RIA 1911.....I owe the LGS a thanks...
One thing about the grips you can take them down till they fit your hand and if I recall right Pachmayer (yea sometimes I can't spell) makes or made a grip for them (although you will probably have to search). The parkerized finish is not original at least to my knowledge so you are right it's a knock around gun but you will love it. Periodically you will see barrels and shrouds for it too and if you find a wrench and gauge you can change barrels. I love the 6" on my for general use but the 8" is great for target work. I have never been a fan of the 2" barrel but that's personal and the 4" is pretty good for CC.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Nice score, I've always wanted one since I was a kid.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I have two friends that own the m14 and one of them swears that he's going to be buried with his. If he dies before me, I'll be digging him up for sure.
Sounds like some bros I knew in the Avengers MC way back when. They buried Fred's Harley with him when he got run over by a truck. Even made Easyriders magazine. ;)

edit - p.s. nice gun!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I bet a good woodsman crafter can salvage those grips and emblems.
Those grips are almost solid wood with only a small hole in them. Their pretty easy to modify, as I recall Dan Wesson at one time sold blanks that had the mainspring cutout and the rest was a block for you to carve.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts