Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it. I couldn't let go if my curiosity over the dan wesson. I have been looking off and on...on gunbroker. The other day I saw one examined the pics for days. It looked like an estate gun that had never been shot.
Contacted seller and yea it was an estate sale.
I just picked it up from my FFL. This gun is in absolutely brand.new condition. Never been shot. finish is something to behold. It is a 6 inch heavy vented barrel that balances nice in hand with the presentation grips it came with. The single action trigger is very nice. The double a bit heavy but so smooth. Once this gun gets broken in the triggers are going to very very nice. I almost dont want to shoot it but that's what guns are for. I cant wait to be able to get some free time to take it to the range. Very happy with my purchase. Had some time to oil it. Wow cylinder spins like it's on bearings. Trigger even better.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
36,003 Posts
What a great find! Congratulations.

·
Registered
24,595 Posts
Congrats on your new to you but new anyway fine revolver.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Damn! that is nice....

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. Picked up a pachmayr gripper grip and a short conceal wooden grip to try out. Cant wait to shoot it. Down the road a 2 3/4 inch barrel will be added to the stable. My ruger police six with cylinder converted ro handle 9mm will cover 4 inch gun. An 8 inch barrel may be a purchase even further down the line. Looks like my 6 inch security six will go on the chopping block once I know the dan Wesson is good to go.

·
22,008 Posts
I have that one with the 8 inch barrel. I love to shoot it
at dusk and get the V out of the ports..

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oh now that would cool. Unfortunately mine doesn't have ports it's the ribbed vented. I dont know why they called both barrels vented.

I do think it's a cool 357 to add to my coonan 357 and. My ruger police service .
Of I have a rossi m92 16 inch barrel.
I think I have my 357's covered.
It's just sure a versital cartridge. Love it. Cant wait to start loading again

Reactions: airwrench

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Very nice, congrats.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Head to a rifle range and play with water bottles on the berm.

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
Nice and its the pistol pack too!
top notch quality revolver, I got its big Brother in 41 magnum, unfortuantely NOT the pistol pack.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish it was a pistol pac. Unfortunately that's the way the gun was sold. 6 inch barrel. Just had the pic n the box. You can still get barrels and shrouds in blue and stainless from CZ

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I have one with the 4 inch heavy barrel and I also have a 22lr pistol pac

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice! Hiw does that 22lr shoot?

·
22,290 Posts
You can still get barrels and shrouds in blue and stainless from CZ
The new CZ barrels fit the classic DWs? Nice!

That's a seriously nice revolver; congratulations!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep CZ made the new 715 so they will also fit the old barrels and their new ones the same.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They even have one optic front sight.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts