Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke a firing pin on my PT 24/7 Pro. Anyone know how to order a new one through TAURUS. I see where they say to send it back and they will fix it but I would rather let my local guy fix it. How easy is it to get parts from the manufacturer? :(

·
Registered
210 Posts
Many fire control related items are on Taurus 'restricted sales' list. They will want you to send it in. If you don't want to send it in for warranty repair because of the 4-6 week wait, your friendly gunsmith would be happy to repair it for you (I would think). They should be able to get the required part. If you want to purchase it yourself, check out Numerich or Brownells, they may have the parts you need. However, they may not be cheap or even available. One thing to consider, any non-Taurus work will void the warranty. It can be reinstated by sending it to Taurus for repair. They will return it to factory specs, charge you a fee and reinstate the warranty. I got that information from Taurus just this week.

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
I broke a firing pin on my PT 24/7 Pro. Anyone know how to order a new one through TAURUS. I see where they say to send it back and they will fix it but I would rather let my local guy fix it. How easy is it to get parts from the manufacturer? :(
Welcome from Texas! I suggest you give Taurus CS a call to order the firing assembly. They will ask you for the serial number of the gun to make sure they get the right model of your gun so they can send you the right parts. I believe Taurus will send you the firing assembly instead of requesting you to send the whole gun back to Miami.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.