Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:

Second time my Williams Firesight fiberoptic rod pops out of the frame. First time one of the rear rods came out after 500rounds, but I superglued it back in, and now after another 300rounds, my front rod fell out and I couldn't find it at the range. :mad:

On another note, I now have a ghostring sight on my PT145. :D

POS. What other 'good' sights are there on the market? These worked great, but I don't consider them reliable at all after this.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I have the Firesites on my PT140.
After installation I noticed the front tube was loose. Barely a drop of crazy glue
on the muzzle end of tube has held it in place fine.
As a precautionary measure I did it to the rear tubes also.
No issues with 500rnd or so.
A person should not have to do this with a new product but, they are so far superior to the stock Heinies, to me its worth it.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the firesights just can't believe they are lose enough to pop out by themselves.

I hate the Heinie 8's so I'll probably order some fiber optic rods from williams and superglue them in place, and hope they last.

Unless I can get some some aftermarket sights that are made for the pt145.

Too bad they don't make the Tru-Glo TFO's for the PT145. I'd love that.

·
Registered
643 Posts
After shooting a 2-300 rnds yesterday, my rear Willams sight came loose again, front sight set screw gone, anybody have a clue what size it would be? Atleast my fibers optic rods aren't falling out. I might try Willams front with Heine rear.

Anybody else have to put the rear sight all the way to the right edge to get it to hit center (heine or Williams)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts