Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
He must have been pretty angry, that grouping kind of sucked for being at point blank range. But i'll have to agree with the LOAW principle, it builds character to catch one every now and then when you screw up. Got mine kicked if the problem warranted, and i was a fast learner. Needless to say, i didn't get enough to claim abuse, just enough to get the message across.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Yeah I saw this last night, good on him! I'd of used a judge =P

·
Super Moderator
35,578 Posts
Did he do that for her or for him? Would have made more sense IMO if he would have sold that laptop on Craigslist and put it toward a new pistol for himself or donated the money to a local charity. As for the kid, only time will work to change her attitude once she gets her own place and realizes that the lady who helps clean the house isn't there to keep it from looking like a sty.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Would have made more sense IMO if he would have sold that laptop on Craigslist and put it toward a new pistol for himself or donated the money to a local charity.
I was thinking something somewhat similar. Perhaps pawn the laptop and give the kid the pawn ticket. Tell her to go get it back when she has the money.

Not saying that would work or anything. :devil:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
An angry child of divorced parents, almost a cliche.

A dad who airs his family troubles in public (he is in IT, he knows where this video is going) and he "solves the problem" with a gun? Hello DR Phil!!!!

Maybe they are shooting for a reality show?

I can see shooting a defective computer but only a fool shoots a perfectly good computer, I am sure some poor kid could have used it.

That is all for now. LOL.

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I'm watching what is said about this in multiple forums and reading some of the comments from YouTube on this one. So far it seems to me that this is more a case of the brainwashing that guns are somehow evil more than anything else. The guy could just have easily stomped on the thing to destroy it and I bet there wouldn't be the same volume of whiplash against him. He bought it, he upgraded it, he spent his time on it, she dissed him, he repo'ed it, he chose to destroy it, and it's his business to do with his own property as he sees fit. Sure, it may be from spoiling her in the first place that she is as rotten as she obviously is, but I'm shocked at the negativity that is being posted. If anything I wish he had kept his business to himself.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Anyone with teenage kids today can empathize with this father. Today's kids seem to just want more and more and do not seem to want to earn it. He also is not alone in the lack of respect category. When I grew up if I had acted like the kids today I would not have suffered from LOAW. But if you attempt to discipline kids today social services will get called on you.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
I think that was great, now she has a paperweight reminder of what she did!

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
To a point a kids behavior is a product of the guidance and character development they receive from their parents ..................... to a point. Once they go to school they are subjected to outside (the home) influences that parents have very little control over. I've always suspected that at about the age of 15 the human brain goes into sensory overload and partially shuts down. It takes about six years for it to repair it's self and again function like a normal persons brain. Like it or not Dad, your daughter is a product of her upbringing. If you've done your job, then once you get past the teen years all will be O.K. At 15, kids think they are grown up. They think they are invincible. They think they can handle anything that comes their way. This is as it's supposed to be. At some point a person needs to put the information they've accumulated to the test and see what works and what doesn't. This is what teenagers do. Just keep on doing what you've been doing and be the rock that they can return to when the going gets unstable. Confront them when they overstep their boundaries, be firm in your convictions, but allow just a bit of temperance in your response to your children's growing pains. Give them a chance just as you would give a recently broken pony a bit more rein allowing it to run a bit. Teens will drive adults nuts, just as those very same adults drove their parents nuts when they were teens. It's all part of how we grow up! and, yes it is better to shoot the computer than the kid!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I wonder if the computer still works! lol I almost hurt myself laughing, my daughter is now finding out the Real World is a harsh place. Since my illness and her mother loosing her job, we don't have the option to help.

·
Super Moderator
17,588 Posts
Sounds like she's her Father's daughter, prone to public temper tantrums and emotional outbursts. I think that was totally unnecessary, counter-productive, and down right mean spirited. Yeah, they need help.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Pawning the computer or such would not present the image (which can be kept for reminders) of the consequences of her actions. Right on Dad.

Sarge

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have to agree with the dad. Shoot the laptop dont pawn it. This was to prove a point. Thats why he posted it on her facebook page. lol

And an added bonus. Current and future boyfriends of this little girl just got a message from this as well.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts