Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I tend to press straight thru with mine in DA. In SA, there is no reason to have takeup, as it is already set, at about 3 lb's and ready to drop if I breath on it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Any opinions of staging a DA trigger when firing?

#1 Rule: Make sure the weapon is pointed at the intended target!!! ;)

I also tend to pull straight through to fire. Too used to SA. Given the choice, I shoot all my DA/SA in single action with slower aimed fire. As I cock on the draw, this is no problem. On follow-up shots, I figure I have to go fast enough I won't have to stage the shot. I did have a DAO GP-100 spurless and could not get used to it. If I ever get the Taurus Protector, I may practice more with this style. My Trackers both are fairly easy to stage, but I seldom bother, as it takes me about as long to stage the hammer as to cock it. Biggest advantage with DA and stageing is the gun stays on target a little better.

·
Super Moderator
35,148 Posts
Only time I stage a DA is on a DAO when I'm shooting for group off sand bags or trying to place a shot at longish range. Up close, normal DA defensive shooting, I just steady pull.

There is no real need to stage the trigger if the gun will shoot SA mode. JMHO, though.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I agree with on that NT.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't try staging with my M85 too often. Not much call for it in the arena if it's intended use. I do, however, greatly enjoy the practice with my M607. This does not mean I don't shoot it SA it as well. Thumbing back the hammer on any type of forearm is one of life's great pleasures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts