Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
WELL - line 'em up CZ Boyz!

Let's see what you've got!

10 shots, group size + far shot from center.

Sound like a plan from a gremlin!!

Olfarhors? Stallard?? Who else?! :D

Reactions: rifleshooter

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Good job!!!

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
You guys want a CZ only category in the TA January Pistol Shootout??
I could make that happen. We have a 700 Taurus series only class this month - 7 yds, 738, 709 and 740s only!
CZs have a great rep as shooters and we see it demonstrated on the forum - like now!

OP, Jlandis003 - not trying to thread jack you when I saw the title of your post I thought it might be a call for competition!

·
Banned
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You guys want a CZ only category in the TA January Pistol Shootout??
I could make that happen. We have a 700 Taurus series only class this month - 7 yds, 738, 709 and 740s only!
CZs have a great rep as shooters and we see it demonstrated on the forum - like now!

OP, Jlandis003 - not trying to thread jack you when I saw the title of your post I thought it might be a call for competition!
I'm in... I just don't know how to measure group size... Need to read up on that and then I'll start participating

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hey - that's great!

You can do it (in the monthly shootout) with a ruler or calipers.

The software is slick and easy (and free) especially with a scanner.

Download here>> On Target Download << LINK

I can get you started if you install it. It is a tiny (hard drive space) program that measures targets really well! ;)

·
Registered
24,808 Posts
Both of those targets are dead.

·
Registered
36,676 Posts
WELL - line 'em up CZ Boyz!

Let's see what you've got!

10 shots, group size + far shot from center.

Sound like a plan from a gremlin!!

Olfarhors? Stallard?? Who else?! :D
I just got back from the range today with the lil P-01, honesty the gun just shoots the same every time.
Today I ran 100 rounds on one target from 5 yards to 25 yards, typically groups of 6 rounds each mag, the group size was about 8 Inches, IF Police qualifying there were 3 shots that were outside the 5 ring.
What range do you all shoot and I will make a target for next time .

·
Registered
36,676 Posts
Hey - that's great!

You can do it (in the monthly shootout) with a ruler or calipers.

The software is slick and easy (and free) especially with a scanner.

Download here>> On Target Download << LINK

I can get you started if you install it. It is a tiny (hard drive space) program that measures targets really well! ;)
Well at 7 yards and only 10 shots I am going to need something that will measure a lot smaller than a ruler will!!!!------------------

·
Registered
36,676 Posts
Range time with the CZ brothers--- nothing better!
poly frame CZ P-07 Duty .40 cal. 12+1
vs
alloy frame compact CZ 75D PCR 9mm 14+1
At 21' indoor... Almost a tie! (10 shots for bragging rights... Yes, sometimes my guns talk to me ;) )
Its uncanny how accurate these guns are!
BY far these two or if not the most accurate that I own certainly in the top 3-4 and they are still getting broke in.
Tel me which grouping Is best?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,613 Posts
Nice shooting.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I sent a note to Stallard. He used to do the shootouts a LOT and he's a CZ fan and collector.

I hope he will make a guest appearance! :D

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
I am constantly amazed at how easy my 75 compact is to shoot and hit well with. They are truly in a field of their own. I do wish I had gotten a PCR but the Compact was a gift from the wife and it is the fancy silver model. I haven't been able to get my P-06 as smooth but it is still a great shooter just not quite as "effortless".

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
36,676 Posts
MY small one is a P-01, it has a compact 75 D slide on it.
CZ depending on where the gun is intended to be marketed puts different model numbers on weapons.
Then CZ -USA buys all that CZ will sell them.
the P-01 of course is a PCR with a rail and decocker.
The reduction In weight is appreciated in a carry weapon and the steel slide really helps control muzzle flip along with superior ergonomics and lower bore.
I wouldn't throw the Compact, PCR or P-01 out of bed to sleep with one of the others though.
Now that SP-01 is a heavy girl being all steel and full size but again it isn't a dedicated carry weapon.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very nice! I've been curious about the P07. I may need to look into getting one.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hey guys! So, I added a CZ specific shootout category in the December TA Monthly Pistol Shootout.

Cat. #2a - 7 yards, any CZ pistol, any target - same scoring as the rest of the shootout.

I've shot 'em and love 'em - give it a try and let's see what the CZs can do!!

Here's the link to the shootout (it's a sticky in the Firing Line section too BTW): http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/f...ember-2014-ta-pistol-shootout-cz-madness.html <<LINK

:D

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
36,676 Posts
OKEY Dokey, I am in to help out the fun!
Can we make a center on the target or does it need to have a printed center dot?
so I know what type of target to buy?
can a stick on orange dot be used?
an I assume that we can enter more than 1 CZ Pistol?
Thanks Kim.

Reactions: Raptorboy69
1 - 20 of 23 Posts