Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Interesting collection. The CZ has been cloned more than anyother European handgun I can think of.... kind of their answer to our 1911. Probably the two best know clones are the EAA Witness and the Magnum Research Baby Eagle. Being the brand new parent of a Witness Elite Match, I appreciate your listing of web sites. Some of the grips (and the girl!) are worth looking into.

·
Registered
44 Posts
EAA (www.eaacorp.com) look to be true clones. The Baby Eagle is not really a clone, just "based on" or "inspired by" the CZ. The slide, safety, and grip shape have all been changed from the original.

Also Armalite is now marketing CZ clones (manufactured by Sarsilmaz). Apparently, the difference between the Armalite and the original is that the slide is CNC machined instead of cast.

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
A lot (actually most) of the CZ Clones have their roots in the Tanfoglio CZ75 Clone design. Tanfoglio has supplied designwork, parts, and tooling. Sarsilmaz in particular has taken the basic Tanfoglio design and made quite a number of spinoffs.

I have a modest collection of some Tanfoglio Pistols.

TZ75, TA90, Compact TA90, 1992 Vintage .45 Witness

1992 Blued .45 Witness and 2004 Wonder Finished .45 Witness

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW,... Nice Collection...<:))

·
Registered
384 Posts
jwc007 said:
A lot (actually most) of the CZ Clones have their roots in the Tanfoglio CZ75 Clone design. Tanfoglio has supplied designwork, parts, and tooling. Sarsilmaz in particular has taken the basic Tanfoglio design and made quite a number of spinoffs.

I have a modest collection of some Tanfoglio Pistols.

TZ75, TA90, Compact TA90, 1992 Vintage .45 Witness

1992 Blued .45 Witness and 2004 Wonder Finished .45 Witness
jwc007, that explains why I see you over on the CZ forum ;D

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
SgtKnuckles said:
WOW,... Nice Collection...<:))
Thanks Sarge!

rainman said:
jwc007, that explains why I see you over on the CZ forum ;D
Mmmmmm, Could be! Been over there a long time! It's my third job.

Nice to see you over there, too! Great Forum!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Eeyore said:
EAA (www.eaacorp.com) look to be true clones. The Baby Eagle is not really a clone, just "based on" or "inspired by" the CZ. The slide, safety, and grip shape have all been changed from the original.

Also Armalite is now marketing CZ clones (manufactured by Sarsilmaz). Apparently, the difference between the Armalite and the original is that the slide is CNC machined instead of cast.
It's funny, but the EAA Witness is no longer a step-sibling to the Cz. Tangfolio has changed their design to accommodate higher capacity magazines, and not much (if anything) will interchange with the CZ any more.

They entered into an agreement with Armscor to manufacture their 'old style' clones which are sold in the US as the Armscor branded MAP1 (steel framed) and MAPP1 (polymer framed) and in Europe as the "Tangfolio Force" brand.

These Armscor produced pistols are the ones that share magazine commonality with the CZ-75.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Rainman, does that wonder finished model have a little more meat on the slide than most CZ's? The pic looks as though it does, and thats my one complaint about that design, the slides are thin enough that racking them can be an issue.

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
Rackir said:
Rainman, does that wonder finished model have a little more meat on the slide than most CZ's?
Actually, that is my pistol pictured, and yes, it does have more meat on it than the original CZ75. However, that is a 2004 vintage pistol. The newer ones (2008) have a more rounded "top of slide" profile, and less flat area on the sides of the slide. They will be more similar to my older blued model on the left. The lower two pistols pictured, are chambered in .45 ACP, and have also been available in .38 Super and 10mm.

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
:D Just picked this up today from Academy in Katy!
Sarsilmaz Hancer 2000. It's supposed to be the generic Armalite AR24c.

By the way, the salesman at Academy told me that MillPro pistols go on sale Friday for $30 less than regular price($299).

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
Very Nice! That's basicly very similar to my Compact TA90. You will like it! Should prove to be quite accurate.

CJS3 said:
Is there an appreciable price difference between the two? Also, who is importing the Sarsilmaz Hancer 2000?

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
Under that brand name, it is imported by Academy Ltd. ( Academy Sports and Outdoors ). The owners manual list Brileys for tech support issues. The Hancer is about $150 to $200 less than the AR24 models that I've looked at.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Academy sell's the Sarsilmaz all day long for cheap. $ 399 bucks not too bad!
CJS3 said:
:D Just picked this up today from Academy in Katy!

By the way, the salesman at Academy told me that MillPro pistols go on sale Friday for $30 less than regular price($299).
Sweet pistol! I have looked at these several times at Academy' throughout my territory! Might pick one up some day. They feel good, I just can't justify another full size 9mm purchase! That is the only thing that has stopped me thus far!

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
Went to the range this morning and put about 100 rounds through the H2000. For the first 50 rounds at 15 yards, I was all over the paper. I started to group low and to the left, and with the next couple of magazines I exprimented with finger placement on the trigger. The last two mags I shot where on a Shoot and See target. Photos follow;

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,273 Posts
Target looks good! What kind of ammunition and bullet weight did you feed it? Most of the Tanfoglio inspired CZ Clones tend to like bullet weights of 124 grns or less.

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
I use 115gr bullets on my reloads. I also had a box of Blazer 115gr.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts