Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at getting a cz 75 b omega anyone have one pros and cons I mainly shoot 1911s

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The only "con" I can think of is the slide is narrow and somewhat hard to manipulate, especially with wet hands. The trigger is good, but different from a 1911. Look for mags manufactured by Mac-Gar. They're OEM for CZ, and less expensive than those from CZ.

·
Super Moderator
35,540 Posts
It's on my wish list!

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
looking at getting a cz 75 b omega anyone have one pros and cons I mainly shoot 1911s
well I am a CZ guy and the product in my opinion is as good any weapon out there below- here let me sale my kids price weapon out there.
the CZ trigger is NOTHING like a 1911, to the point that IF I am shooting my CZ or my Tanfoglio and pick up a 1911 then it takes me a couple mags to get back right and grouping correctly.
not that the triggers on the CZ or Tanfoglio are bad, not nearly so , they may be better than on my 1911 actually, but they are different.
MY two Tanfoglio Elite match have the best triggers on my stable of firearms actually.
anyway I have tried the omega triggers and really I can't tell any or much difference in them and the standard triggers but many people say they are???
its a really good system however.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
The only "con" I can think of is the slide is narrow and somewhat hard to manipulate, especially with wet hands. The trigger is good, but different from a 1911. Look for mags manufactured by Mac-Gar. They're OEM for CZ, and less expensive than those from CZ.
The last two CZ that I have purchased came with Mec -Gar magazines.
they also are making a single magazine now for both the 9 MM and 40 S & W, one side is marked 40 with sight holes , the other side is marked 9 MM with sight holes.
when I first got these I wasn't sure how this would work but with well over 2-K rounds through them they work like a charm.
I am assuming that is the standard now?

·
21,944 Posts
Judging by the opinion of the person I know who has one, I'd say go for it. "Smooth shooting, feels great in the hand. Double action pull is a little heavy so I've had to get use to it, but the single action is perfect."

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Judging by the opinion of the person I know who has one, I'd say go for it. "Smooth shooting, feels great in the hand. Double action pull is a little heavy so I've had to get use to it, but the single action is perfect."
A nice lil easy main spring change can correct/improve this quickly/cheaply.
CZ are really military design/use weapons (most all the 75 clan are NATO approved) and so they tend to be a tad heavy in the mainspring area.
I think they come with around an 18 pound mainspring or so??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts