Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been wanting one for a while. When I came across this Olive Drab one It followed me home.

The P-01 is now a NATO classified pistol and issued the NATO stock number NSN 1005-16-000-8619.

Now to get out to the range and shoot it.

http://

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I love my 75B. That P-01 looks great, and I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. CZ makes some great weapons, but you will have to learn a couple Czechoslovakian words - Ceska and zbrojovka. Every time someone asks me what mine is, and I say it's a CZ, they all ask the same question - "What's that stand for?" :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very cool, my local shop has a bunch of these and if he didn't want an arm and a leg, I'd have one in a heartbeat. I think the price was $600 or so. CZ is awesome!

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
That gun (P-01) is on the top of my wish list.
I saw one at a gun show a few weeks back for $550 out the door...just didn't have enough money at the time.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Very nice indeed! Congrats!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Nice CZ, My future brother in law has a Cz 52. One of my next purchases will either be a CZ or a clone of one.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
You will not regret your decision to get this gun. I wish I still had mine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been wanting one for a while. When I came across this Olive Drab one It followed me home.

The P-01 is now a NATO classified pistol and issued the NATO stock number NSN 1005-16-000-8619.

Now to get out to the range and shoot it.

http://
I've had my P01 now for about 18 months. I bought it new. From my experience you need to put about 1200-1500 rounds through it before you can smooth out the trigger. The factory trigger may feel gritty at first but it does smooth out. This is my most accurate shooting semi-auto. It is reliable and the ergonomics are second to none.
L1000962 2.jpg

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Wow, I really like that OD finish! I have owned three CZ75s, and they were all great guns. However, they were traded for other firearms. Wish I still had one!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I've had my P01 now for about 18 months. I bought it new. From my experience you need to put about 1200-1500 rounds through it before you can smooth out the trigger.
CZ's do tend to be a bit over sprung (as most combat pistols are) and Wolff makes some nice reduced power hammer springs. On my CZ75 the single action pull was kind of stiff, and the double action pull was completely unacceptable. I changed out the 20 pound stock hammer spring with a 17 pound reduced power unit, and replaced the 14 pound recoil spring with a 16 pound unit. When you lighten the hammer spring you need to bump the recoil spring a bit which gives you about the same amount of dampening on the slide since it has to cock the hammer on recoil.

I also adjusted the geometry on the sear by following the instructions on CZ forums. You can tell if you need to adjust the geometry by watching the hammer when you pull the trigger. If the hammer moves back before it falls then the sear is camming the hammer and the angle on the sear may need to be adjusted. You want it to cam a tiny bit for safety, but too much makes for a stiff, creepy trigger. Here's the skinny if you're interested - CZ trigger job - lots of pics. Even if you don't want to mess with your sear, this link is still valuable as it shows detailed disassembly.

If the trigger doesn't suit you, just changing the springs will make a world of difference - particularly in the double action mode. Properly tuned a CZ trigger is waaaay sweet. :D

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Administrator
17,590 Posts
Very Nice! 8) I love P-01's, SP-01's, and CZ's in general!

·
Registered
34 Posts
CZ's do tend to be a bit over sprung (as most combat pistols are) and Wolff makes some nice reduced power hammer springs. On my CZ75 the single action pull was kind of stiff, and the double action pull was completely unacceptable. I changed out the 20 pound stock hammer spring with a 17 pound reduced power unit, and replaced the 14 pound recoil spring with a 16 pound unit. When you lighten the hammer spring you need to bump the recoil spring a bit which gives you about the same amount of dampening on the slide since it has to cock the hammer on recoil.

I also adjusted the geometry on the sear by following the instructions on CZ forums. You can tell if you need to adjust the geometry by watching the hammer when you pull the trigger. If the hammer moves back before it falls then the sear is camming the hammer and the angle on the sear may need to be adjusted. You want it to cam a tiny bit for safety, but too much makes for a stiff, creepy trigger. Here's the skinny if you're interested - CZ trigger job - lots of pics. Even if you don't want to mess with your sear, this link is still valuable as it shows detailed disassembly.

If the trigger doesn't suit you, just changing the springs will make a world of difference - particularly in the double action mode. Properly tuned a CZ trigger is waaaay sweet. :D
I considered doing a trigger job but I decided I would give the gun a reasonable chance to break in the old fashioned way. Yesterday I passed the 1300 round point at the range and the trigger is now very smooth. I did do a D spring/hammer mod on one of my Berettas and that worked well. Thanks for the detailed info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts