Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this beauty yesterday at Shoot Straight. It was on the used rack - it's like new. Must have been lightly used if used at all. Looked like it hadn't even been fired. Anyway, to make a long story longer, it took about 5 seconds to make the decision to buy it.

This is a military training rifle as I understand it. It has a beech wood stock, 24" barrel, 5-round magazine and sling swivels attached. It came in the original box with the manual and the scope rings were included. These rifles were discontinued in 2013.

At a local indoor range today, I had a lot of fun with a couple boxes of .22LR. After getting set with some practice rounds, I shot a couple of 5-round groups. I'll get better with the iron sites - or probably put a scope on it. All the shooting was off-hand at 50ft. standing in a dimly lit lane. I'm looking forward to taking it outside and going for distance in daylight.

cz-452-special.jpg

first-group-of-5.jpg
First group of 5

second-group-of-5.jpg
Second group of five

·
8,414 Posts
I have heard those are very accurate and reliable. Nice find..Put a scope on it and the squirrels will be a quaking in their little paws.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
There are a couple nice shooting features of these CZs. The magazines are really well designed and will feed shorts. Some stick mags made for .22LR won't do that. Another is how quiet that 24+" barrel is with the quieter .22 ammo. It's like having a suppressor on it. :)

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A friend suggested trying subsonic ammo -- apparently it's very accurate. I think this rifle will be fairly accurate with just about any type of LR.
The balance is fine and it comes into a natural position on my shoulder really well.

Preacher -- I was looking at 455s as they've replaced the 452. Finding the 452 was a case of timing -- right place , right time.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
The balance is fine and it comes into a natural position on my shoulder really well.
It sure does. The rifle just comes up on your shoulder in perfect balance and your eyes are right in line with the sights. I think adding a scope would upset that balance and eye alignment quite a bit. The 452 Trainer, and probably the 455 Trainer, seems to be a near perfect walk about .22 rifle. :)

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Nice, now I want one too.... smiley thumb.gif

Reactions: JimmyA

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new rifle.

·
Registered
24,545 Posts