Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wheelgun's cylinder doesn't spin as smoothly as it did when I first bought it more than 2 years ago. The piece itself works fine - I haven't gone to the range in a few months, and when I last went, it was fine.

Could it simply be that the cold weather (I leave the piece in a safe) may be the reason it's not spinning as quickly as it did when it was brand new? I don't think this would impair firing, and I will go soon to the range.

Also - I've read about getting a trigger job done to smooth out the trigger. I was testing it the other day, unloaded of course, and I cocked the hammer and while depressing the trigger, I very slowly brought the hammer back to its standard position. The trigger felt a bit stiff compared to the past. Is this normal as a weapon ages or is this something that's worth looking at? Again, this is a relatively new weapon; I've had it for only a little bit over 2 years and have had somewhere between 10 to 15 range visits.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How far "down" to you take the gun when you clean it? Do you know how to completely remove the cylinder from the gun? How comfortable are you with disassembly? I'm no gunsmith, but it sounds like a complete teardown and cleaning/lubrication is in order. Good luck

·
Premium Member
14,418 Posts
Could it simply be that the cold weather (I leave the piece in a safe) may be the reason it's not spinning as quickly as it did when it was brand new? I don't think this would impair firing, and I will go soon to the range.
How cold are you talking about since your last shooting trip? Was your last shooting trip in the summer? Oil and grease can definitely stiffen in cold temperatures. Also, oil and grease can change over time getting thick, hard, or varnished.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.