Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've bought my first Taurus and took it out shooting today. I have to say I do like it . Its a M94 .22 DA 5" revolver. Single action was very good double action so so but I could tell by just running a couple hundred rounds through it its improverd alot. My question is when the hammer is down the cylinder lock (sometimes) seems a little weak is this normal to get some back spin if you rotate by hand. When hammer is cocked there is no problem its tight. My rugers do not do this. I hope there is not a problem as I don't want to part with it for repair as I enjoyed shooting it.

·
Super Moderator
35,284 Posts
If you can spin the cylinder back against the stop, that is not normal. The hand/pawl doesn't contact at hammer down, just the latch at the bottom of the cylinder. It should not allow the cylinder to rotate in either direction. If it does, there may be a problem with the cylinder latch's fit. Personally, I could probably fit it myself, but it's under warranty and should be made right by Taurus.

Heavy DA in a J frame sized revolver is normal even for Smith and Wesson kit guns. It seems to have to do with the geometry of the lockwork in a 6 or 9 shot gun originally designed as a 5 shout revolver, or at least this is what I hypothesis. :D I've not found a J frame .22 with a decent DA, but then, a kit gun is a field gun, not a self defense revolver. The DA really is irrelevant. I can shoot my little Rossi pretty well DA despite the heavy trigger, though, and use the DA for cheap practice. But, it's sure not as smooth as my M85 or my M66s or my uncles old K.22 Masterpiece I used to shoot a lot as a kid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts