Taurus Firearm Forum banner

cylinder/crane components????

838 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Steyr 
#1 ·
For those of you that have Taurus revolvers of differing frame designations I have this ??? My Trackers, 41 & 44, get really nasty cuz I shoot nothin' but my hand cast bullets. Same for my 441 in 44 Special. In looking at the assembly breakdown pics in the little owners manual that comes with a new gun it seems that all components are the same as far as extractor rod, springs, pins etc. Are they the same? No part numbers are given and the same reference numbers are used for all frame designations.
Now, calling all experience to the fore........are the internals of the cylinder, excepting the extractor star of course; the same in the compact and medium frame guns. Specifically.....Models 441 and 425?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I just had a 41 Tracker apart, that is what brought the question to mind. The individual components of the extractor, cylinder, crane looked really, really puny to me. I have a Medium frame 441 and several small frame guns, 85, 731, 605, but I've never had occasion to take any of them apart. Just asking.....Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.